• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Broken S3 digitizer, LCD, or both?

Zetsubou

Lurker
May 12, 2015
Cause: Pressure from tight jean pocket damaged the display

Damage: No damage on the glass screen but the LCD have hairline cracks; it's 3 strands that only spread on the right side but turn the whole right side black and purple-ish, and left side is also damaged with an ink-like purple.

I can use the physical buttons fine but the touch screen isn't responding so I figured the digitizer is gone too.

Actually, don't LCD and digitizer go together so it doesn't really matter if I plan to replace? Could try selling it and replacing it with a new one instead if that option is more viable than repairing it at a shop. It's not a new phone, bought it for something around $100-120 and I saw LCD and digitizer parts going for $50-$80 but I wouldn't dare take the chance of destroying the phone any further by attempting to fix it myself so that extra repair fee is going to cost something.

Hard to see with the computer camera but that should contribute to details.
webcam-toy-photo1.jpg

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones