• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

roajmazda69

Lurker
Apr 15, 2013
So I recently dropped my S3 from quite a high distance and something went horribly wrong inside the phone. I can hear it power on when I power it up but the screen is completely black. The back button and settings key still light up though which I found very odd. I figure I probably have to replace the whole LCD but I'm hoping someone on here can tell me some better news. Thanks for any responses.

So I recently dropped my S3 from quite a high distance and something went horribly wrong inside the phone. I can hear it power on when I power it up but the screen is completely black. The back button and settings key still light up though which I found very odd. I figure I probably have to replace the whole LCD but I'm hoping someone on here can tell me some better news. Thanks for any responses.

I had the exact same thing happen to my husband this past weekend :(. Unfortunately we had to have the phone replaced. The screen just wouldn't work. We actually watched it slowly get covered by a coloured blob, then it just went black. I'm sorry, I know it sucks.

If there's no damage to the outside, send it to Samsung.

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones