• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Do I need the digitizer or just the screen?

• You need the digitizer

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • You only need the screen

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Max DeVos

Lurker
May 1, 2016
So a few weeks ago I dropped my phone and it cracked a small amount in the corner. Everything was fine. Recently, I dropped my phone in the snow, and it slowly stopped working. After giving it some time in rice, everything is functional, except the screen. It turns on and the screen actually boots, but just shows yellow lines (It is Sprint). The touchscreen works and it makes sound and plays the ringtone when I call it, the screen just doesn't work correctly.
I am looking at replacing it, but I am not sure if I need an LCD Digitizer or just the LCD screen. There is a difference of about $150, and I really don't want to purchase what I don't need.
(Reposted from January 2016)
Thanks in advance,
-Max

So a few weeks ago I dropped my phone and it cracked a small amount in the corner. Everything was fine. Recently, I dropped my phone in the snow, and it slowly stopped working. After giving it some time in rice, everything is functional, except the screen. It turns on and the screen actually boots, but just shows yellow lines (It is Sprint). The touchscreen works and it makes sound and plays the ringtone when I call it, the screen just doesn't work correctly.
I am looking at replacing it, but I am not sure if I need an LCD Digitizer or just the LCD screen. There is a difference of about $150, and I really don't want to purchase what I don't need.
(Reposted from January 2016)
Thanks in advance,
-Max
This is just one source,but,it sounds like you need to replace both:
http://www.etradesupply.com/blog/cost-repairing-cracked-galaxy-note-5-screen/

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones