• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Broken screen please help need to media!!!!

dre4930

Lurker
Apr 3, 2013
Hi everyone I have been searching and searching countless threads trying to find out how i can get my media files off my broken samsung galaxy s1. the phone is model t959. I have some very important pictures and videos that have family members in them that are no longer with me and have past on. I have looked everywhere for programs that will help but havent found anything just countless programs offering it but nothing is working. Kies wont recognize my phone nor will my mac because i cant tell the phone to let them. I know theres a lot of smart tech savvy people on this forum please help me!

I assume these files are on the internal storage, since otherwise you just remove the SD card and put it in a card reader.

So, does the phone have a data connection, WiFi on or USB debugging enabled? And what OS version?

If usb debugging is on you should be able to use ADB to copy the files, once you've installed the adb program on your Mac (see second post of that thread).

If you have data on, and the OS version is not too new (good change if it's an S1) then you may be able to use one of Scary Alien's rescue apps, AF Rescue or AF Rescue 2. Those links give descriptions of how they work. The first one uses WiFi File Explorer, so requires WiFi to be on, the second can be used with a cable.

Otherwise I can't think of much else you can do.

Upvote 0
I assume these files are on the internal storage, since otherwise you just remove the SD card and put it in a card reader.

So, does the phone have a data connection, WiFi on or USB debugging enabled? And what OS version?

If usb debugging is on you should be able to use ADB to copy the files, once you've installed the adb program on your Mac (see second post of that thread).

If you have data on, and the OS version is not too new (good change if it's an S1) then you may be able to use one of Scary Alien's rescue apps, AF Rescue or AF Rescue 2. Those links give descriptions of how they work. The first one uses WiFi File Explorer, so requires WiFi to be on, the second can be used with a cable.

Otherwise I can't think of much else you can do.

Yeah. I think this with ADB for this:
adb connect
Then move the pictures. Do lots of googling to find out how to move stuff.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones