Broken screen :(Support

Last Updated:

1. DanC922

DanC922 New Member This Topic's Starter

I just got my new Galaxy S a couple weeks ago, and I'm loving it. Unfortunately, my fiancee stood up with it on her lap and the screen glass cracked when it fell on the ground. Only the glass is broken, and the screen and even digitizer work totally fine. I called the local Samsung service center (in Adelaide, South Australia), and they said it'd be over $250 to replace it because Samsung will only replace the digitizer with the screen attached.

I've seen a couple of screen/digitizers online, but I'm not sure if they're AMOLED screens. I found this one on EBay and emailed them, and they said it's an original Samsung AMOLED screen.

Digitizer + LCD Display Screen f Samsung Galaxy S i9000 - eBay (item 120595111860 end time Aug-11-10 09:16:45 PDT)

I'm fairly decent at fixing things, so I think I can manage to replace the screen myself.

Does anyone know of any certain sources of AMOLED screens/digitizer or digitizer alone (if it's possible to only replace it) to buy? And does anyone know of any good instructions to replace them?

Thanks for the help!

Advertisement
  2. skytechnetwork.com

skytechnetwork.com Active Member

I think you can find on eBay a new glass for your handset and replace it. But I cannot sure that all of the glass or screen selling on there is genius.

3. spsmobile

spsmobile New Member

4. melll

melll Well-Known Member

Wow, sorry to hear that.

Keep us updated if and when you got it fixed.

5. harpy

harpy New Member

Hi Dan C922,
    I think I read your story on another Samsung Galaxy S forum.
    Please let me know if you found a solution. I have a similar problem. I dropped my phone and the digitizer cracked (the front glass looks fine). Now I can hear my Samsung Galaxy S boot and it rings when someone calls me but the screen is always blank. So I cant answer a call or "mount usb".
    Please let me know if you managed to get your information off the phone and if and how you fixed your screen. Did you have to change both the screen + digitizer?
    Thank you in advance.
    H