Broken ScreenTips

1. kimschiene

kimschiene New Member

Hi,
    I have a Galaxy s4 and my boyfriend got mad at me and threw it against the wall..the phones still works because i can hear the notifications and my alarm clock goes off and the notification lights on the phone still blink..but the screen itself is a bit cracked and it is just all black...is there anything I can do to fix this? I dont have insurance on it because like I said Im always careful with my phones but I didnt expect this to happen...Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated..

Advertisement
    :
  2. jmcook79

jmcook79 Well-Known Member

Sorry to say this but either make him pay for it or find a boyfriend with less of a temper. My girlfriend is bi-polar and even she wouldn't do such a thing, then again she is on the proper medications. As far as fixing it, I'm sure you could find another screen on eBay and if you can't put it in yourself maybe you take it to a repair shop or pay someone who knows how to do it.
  3. kimschiene

kimschiene New Member

Thank you...do you think that would work?
  4. lotus49

lotus49 Well-Known Member

1, Find a new boyfriend. If he does this to your belongings you will likely as not be next :-(.

2. Unless you have experience of repairing small delicate consumer electronics, I strongly recommend that you do not try to fix it yourself. You can pay someone to fix it for you. In the UK it will cost about
  5. kimschiene

kimschiene New Member

Im from buffalo, ny lol kinda far from UK...thank you for the input
  6. jmcook79

jmcook79 Well-Known Member

I agree do not attempt unless you have experience! You may save money however by buying the screen online vs a repair shop. Just look up some local shops for prices of labor vs parts+labor. Then go to eBay and search for your screen and sort it by price+shipping:lowest first, and click buy it now if you don't want to deal with bidding.

[​IMG]
  7. Eric618

Eric618 Well-Known Member

You said "any suggestions welcome", so mine is dump your disrespectful ass of a boyfriend who clearly doesn't care about you.
  8. Stephanie

Stephanie New Member

Get a new boyfriend.

My roommate s4 screen just broke. He bought a lcd replacement for 200. It wasn't too terribly hard to replace but if you're not too handy I wouldn't recommend it. It usually costs 50-70 in labor to get it worked on in a shop.