Broken USB Port, How To Unroot?

Last Updated:

1. Kdash9

Kdash9 Member This Topic's Starter

Hey mu USB port is broken and sprint already sent me my new phone but i need to send the old one back. How do I unroot so they dont bust my balls about this? I cant connect the usb and i put the pc36img on the sd card and tried to flash it but it didnt work, am I SOL?

Advertisement
  2. Wadester

Wadester Well-Known Member

From what I've read, there are a number of versions of PC36IMG.ZIP files out there. One is the original Stock ROM, another one I ran across was a rooted and "deoxed" version. Which one are you using and where did you get it?

3. Kdash9

4. SouthernEvo

SouthernEvo Well-Known Member

My advice is to take the SD card out and get a SD Card reader and manually upload the zipfile to the card then install it from the phone . It would also require you to remove the SD card and clean the card of the file as well as anything else that might show you were rooted at one time

5. Kdash9

The thing is I did that. I used my other evo to plug it and install the file but when i try to flash it, it just doesnt work

6. Kdash9

apparently an insurance company is covering my phone so am i good since its not my warranty?

7. I want my EVO

I want my EVO Well-Known Member

You can always Email it to your self. Download the image to your pc then send it via email.

Once its been sent you download it then use Astro or some other explorer to place it in root.

From there you can hold down the vol down button and power to get into the boot loader.

Just be aware that it may take a long time if not on 4G or WiFi to download. I believe its like a 30MB or bigger file if im not mistaken.

8. quocamole

quocamole Member

i've had issues with copying and pasting flash files to the sd card. 'adb push' has always been the most reliable.

check out the app adbWireless.

9. dakidobf

dakidobf Well-Known Member

Honestly I had an issue where my screen went dead and I was rooted. There was no way for me to unroot it so i just took my chances and sent it back. Its been about 2 months now and I haven't heard from Sprint and doubt I will.

They probably just get the phone back, fix the port, do a fresh flash of the stock ROM and throw it in the refurb pile.

10. novarider

novarider Well-Known Member

You said its covered under insurance not the warranty. Did you have to pay the $100 deductable? If you payed the deductable then it doesn't matter if is rooted because insurance covers anything that can happen to your phone