Brown Tint on Screen After LED ReplacementSupport

Last Updated:

1. sandeep.s

sandeep.s Member This Topic's Starter

I purchased my phone in October 2010 from Bangalore, India ... After a week of use a white line developed on the display...

I took it to the service centre who said that it was a display defect and agreed to replace the screen ... But they said that the screen was out of stock ...

After waiting almost a month i got a call from them saying replacement screens have arrived ... I immediately went and got the screen changed ... After receiving the phone back i noticed that the screen seemed kinda dull with a brown tint to it at minimum brigtness ....

When i asked the service centre guy he asked me to use the phone for a while and then it will be fine ... I used the phone for two days and took it back after reading several such tint issues on the web ...

Initially the service centre guys refused to change the screen saying that its normal. Luckily for me another customer came in with a galaxy s. I used his phone and showed the technician the brown tint issue. He then agreed to the fact that there was a brown tint and replaced the screen once again...

The new screen also has the same issue ... I had no other option but to take it and leave ...

The whole fun of buying a great phone has been ruined by the technical issues and poor customer service ....

Please check your phones thoroughly before buying. It really hurts when such things happen after spending a great deal of money.

Advertisement
  2. goyal.sanchit

goyal.sanchit Well-Known Member

I understand how it feels when you have to face so much hassles even after buying an expensive product.

But how bad is this brown tint really? Is it really a dealbreaker?

And are you sure the technician changed the screen the second time?

Maybe he said to you that he will change it but returned the same phone back. Nothing you can do about it though!

Also you can try some other service centre in some other city. Maybe they can replace the screen?

3. sandeep.s

sandeep.s Member This Topic's Starter

Well the tint is not a deal breaker but i definitely feel the pinch ..

If I'm in a screen with a white background eg. Marketpalce, browser , twitter app, facebook app etc - the brown tint is clearly visible ...

A couple of friends also said that the screen is very dark ...

Maybe like u said maybe the guy never changed the screen the second time..

The only problem is that service centre guys dont understand the what a tint is and feel that the screen is normal ... The only way these guys will understand is if i carry another Galaxy S with me so that i can show them the difference up front. ..

If i increase the brightness to 25% or more the brownish tint fades away ... but on my old screen even the brightness was at 0 always and i still had a white display ....

I'm planning to write a complaint to the samsung guys and see how they respond ...

Thanks for your reply goyal ... take care dude ...

4. goyal.sanchit

goyal.sanchit Well-Known Member

I asked this question because I have myself seen variation in the display of I9000 Galaxy screen.

I had bought an I9000 Galaxy earlier. It had a bery bright screen even at lowest brightness that it was a disadvantage to me as it caused eye strain and made the phone unusable. (It might have been a case of backlight bleeding). So I was thinking of selling the phone but thankfully I found an app in the market (Privacy filter) which places a virtual filter over the screen and thus you can make the screen even more dark.

So after about 1 month I bought another I9000 Galaxy. The screen of this one is definitely darker then the 1st one which is actually an advantage for me.

You wont notice much of a difference in display of both unless you put them together to see. The 2nd phone is manufactured and imported on a different date than the 1st one.

Now I dont know how bad the tint is on your phone. But there might be a case that the 1st batch of screens were real bright (which was not needed IMO) and the later batches are not that bright.

Finally you can have a look at this link-

Code (Text):
    1.  http://project-voodoo.org/color