• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Browse Internet - Wifi or Mobile Datapackage

Hi

I've a Samsung GT-I5510. When I use Internet

1. How to find whether it is using Wifi or Mobile Networks Datapackage

2. I've apps which needs Internet, Is it possible to make an application to use only wifi not Mobile Network.

Thanks

Hello nories, welcome to Android Forums.

If you purchased the unit from a carrier's store, they should have helped you select a data plan which includes internet access. If you acquired it through a 3rd party, such as Amazon or some other source and you have no data plan, you can configure wifi for internet and most weather and news apps/widgets, etc.

There are icons in the notification bar which indicate network access via either (or both) wifi or carrier signal (this is not exactly what your notification bar looks like, but the icons are very similar in Android devices):

device.png

The "fan" shaped one is the wifi-on indicator, and the "bars" show data connection with a carrier's tower. The other one next to the clock is the battery charge level meter.

You can also go into the settings menu, "network and wifi," and find the configuration settings for both data and wifi.

First go into "about phone" and "status," etc to find out if networking is turned on.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones