Browse the net

Last Updated:

1. wvw

wvw Member This Topic's Starter

Hi Everyone

I have the HTC Hero with cupcake (v1.5) software. I cannot browse the net using my sim card. I have tried changing the settings to use 2G and 3G. This sim card has been used on my previous mobile phone to browse the net with, yet on my sweet little hero it doesn't want to. Is there something I need to do first? (Like root the phone) One thing I have noticed is that when I select market (for example) it comes up wanting me to sign up or log into my gmail account? Is this "normal" behaviour? One other thing I need to add is this phone was bought brand new and it was not tied to a SP contract.

TIA
    wvw

Advertisement
  2. MartinS

MartinS Well-Known Member

Some providers may not send the APN's for your phone. Google the APN settings for whichever network you are on.

3. Ziani

Ziani Well-Known Member

From the sounds of it you need to set up your google account. Did you not set up your account when you first used the phone?

4. MartinS

MartinS Well-Known Member

I missed that, it could well be both.

5. vido.ardes

vido.ardes Well-Known Member

The settings for browsing the net will be stored with the phone, not the SIM card, so you will need to setup your APN settings. You don't need a google account to browse the net, but you will need one to access the Market

6. wvw

wvw Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks to everyone for the help. I thought I'd reply to say the APN settings fixed my problem :)

I searched for the Vodafone APN Settings on google. Completed the settings on my phone and Voila!

Thanks muchly guys :)