browser almost unusable along with slow phone speed

Last Updated:

1. coled91

coled91 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I don't know what has happened with my phone recently. I had flashed ss4.8, ss4.9, lfy 1.9, and now cyanogenmod 6.1 RC3. My phones internet browser has force closed constantly on every ROM I mentioned above. Its never done this before. I can't even hardly load or scroll through a web page and it force closes almost everytime I use the internet for more than 5 mins. The phone itself has been horribly slow too no matter what kernel I use. I noticed something about JIT in the cyanogenmod settings, could this possibly have something to do with it? I have no clue I'm just shooting in the dark but my phone has been almost unusable and any help would be great thanks

Advertisement
  2. Lock-N-Load

Lock-N-Load Well-Known Member

ideas...

1. incompatible kernel
    2. clear all caches - can be done with root cache cleaners
    3. reboot phone
    4. low internal memory - I would look into this one as if your making lots of backups of ROMS or what not, installing tons of files and not getting them deleted, you might be eating your phones internal memory down to nothing

3. coled91

Well I figured it wasnt a kernel because I've tried variations of chevy's, slayher's, whatever comes with cyanogenmod, and even p3's. I downloaded cache cleaner and I'm using that right now. Hopefully that will help. Rebooting the phone hasn't helped, and I have 104mb of internal storage now that cache cleaner just ran. Hopefully that will help but I'm not sure. I had 97mb of internal memory before I ran it.

4. Lock-N-Load

Lock-N-Load Well-Known Member

well you've then tested kernels
    your cleaning cache
    you have TONS of internal memory and thus the cache cleaners may not help

1 I forgot is heat. heat can kill & slow the browser even more so when we us OC kernels. I use TempMonitor to watch my heat and SetCPU to set profiles based on heat to thus reduce OC speed until heat drops

also, with all these ROM changes you admit to, did you delete and clear caches and such as all the dev's suggest each time you changed?

5. coled91

I use set cpu also and have profiles for the heat. I don't think I have ever set off the failsafe warning (120f) by using the phone's browser especially while off the charger. I can probably say that I have gone over 120f maybe 3-5 times on this phone.. It usually runs pretty well in the 70f - 95f range. And yes I always clear data and cache when changing a ROM.

6. coled91

should I add in that this is a replacement droid from Asurion? I know for a fact that this phone isn't as good as the one I used to have because I cannot even run certain kernels that I could before

7. shadowdude777

shadowdude777 Well-Known Member

I always had trouble with the Browser being slow. Recently, I started using Steel (downloadable from the Market), which is a REALLY lightweight alternative to Browser. Nice and fast, and I actually prefer the UI!