• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Browser apk WILL NOT install

dtlaluv

Lurker
Sep 22, 2011
I go the apk from the forum here. I used Root Explorer to move it to the system/ app folder, I changed permissions to match the rest of the apps. IT WON'T INSTALL when I click install or when I reboot either. What am I doing wrong? This is so frustrating :thinking:

leave it there...open up terminal type su then enter...then type
chmod 644 system/apps/browser.apk...its kinda early for me but im pretty sure that will install it..as long as you dnt get any errors your good.reboot and enjoy..

ok I tried this, but I keep getting a message saying that the file or folder does not exist. The file is IN the system app folder. It just isn't being found or something. grrrr :(

Upvote 0
Anyone else having this issue? Im still stuck with this :/

Make sure you have browser.apk and move it with root explorer to the /system/app folder. Then you make sure its in it, don't install it and proceed to terminal emulator. It will show up with a $ with a blank line. Type in such then it changes to # once in that you type in chmod 644 system/app/Browser.apk and click enter
It should not say anything and start a new line with the # again. From there in terminal you type in reboot and let it load up. If it doesn't work then it could be that you can just simply flash another rom on it.

Upvote 0
Make sure you have browser.apk and move it with root explorer to the /system/app folder. Then you make sure its in it, don't install it and proceed to terminal emulator. It will show up with a $ with a blank line. Type in su then it changes to # once in that you type in chmod 644 system/app/Browser.apk and click enter
It should not say anything and start a new line with the # again. From there in terminal you type in reboot and let it load up. If it doesn't work then it could be that you can just simply flash another rom on it.

Fixed it for ya Brandon!

Reactions: BrandonOptimus
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones