Browser App for Eris?General

Last Updated:

1. JUNGI

JUNGI Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

What Browser app do you guys like using for the Eris? We already have multitouch so dolphin is not needed, or are people still prefering it over the defualt browser? please post! thanks

Advertisement
  2. condog

condog Well-Known Member

i like the default just fine. its simple and works well.

3. Eric2

Eric2 Well-Known Member

Also happy with what comes on the phone, for the most part. Just wish I could figure out how to enter a url address directly.

4. droid-dohrk

droid-dohrk Well-Known Member

Well, you press the Menu button, then the URL address bar appears at the top. Click it and that brings up the keyboard. When done typing, press the green GO button on the bottom right on the keyboard or that gray arrow at the top right of the URL address bar.

5. thetingster

thetingster Well-Known Member

I like the default browser best. I think it is functional and works well.

6. GrdLock

GrdLock Well-Known Member

I too prefer the default browser. I played around with Dolphin a bit, and although I like a few of it's features, I don't like how much room the tabs take up on the screen. I'd rather have the extra real estate the default browser offers.

7. Eric2

Eric2 Well-Known Member

Thanks!

8. droid-dohrk

droid-dohrk Well-Known Member

You can change the Dolphin settings so after it loads the page, it goes full screen like the default browser does. I like it that way. Or I thought you just double-tap the page and that toggles fullscreen and tabs back and forth.

However, since youtube app is not working on 3G, you need to use the default browser to view m.youtube.com and view videos that way. If you try to use Dolphin it will ask you to choose 1) download (you can do this and then load the video and it shows High Quality in the flash player, but you have to wait to download) 2) HTC Flash Player (doesn't work, all you see is the youtube logo) or 3) youtube app (which we know doesn't work on 3G)

So, I uninstalled Dolphin a few days ago so I can use the default to view videos.

9. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

I'm using the default browser this very second.

I have thinking about trying to hack and install the BlackBerry browser though. Everything works too well on the Eris, I need SOMETHING to complain about.

10. graywolferis1

graywolferis1 Well-Known Member

The default browser is fine. :)

11. JUNGI

JUNGI Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

ahh yeah i too tried dolphin for half an hour or so, then said screw it and uninstalled it. back default i go.

12. smacky

smacky Banned

I tried Dolphin and it was ok, but i was too lazy to re-enter my bookmarks in so I switched back. Plus it was too fancy. This default browser is simple and gets the job done. Typing on it now. I'm gonna shoot someone if this keyboard lag isnt fixed soon, though.

13. condog

condog Well-Known Member

+1

14. entelechy3

entelechy3 Well-Known Member

I'm not a huge Dolphin fan either, but the fact that you can set it to cache on the SD card, instead of on the phone's rather limited space, means I don't have to crawl into the browser app manager and clear the cache when my system starts lagging.

For that reason, and because I can have the notification bar on the screen while surfing the otherwise-full-screen internet, I put up with Dolphin's little quirks :)

15. jaboda79

jaboda79 Well-Known Member

If you long press the Back Arrow, you can clear the Cache then exit all in one. And the notification bar is a nice feature.