Browser - does it seem slow?General

1. Androidcurious

Androidcurious Well-Known Member

Hi guys,

I've been eyeing a Droid Maxx for a while now. I love the Moto X, but I was thinking why not have an X with a larger screen and better battery.

HOWEVER...

Why does it seem that Chrome is slower when pinching than it does on, say, a Note 3 or G2? When you pinch-to-zoom on those screens, it seems very fluid and quick. On the MOto phones, it feels much slower and deliberate.

Is there a reason for this? A setting, perhaps? I browse on my phones *alot* and this might drive me a bit crazy after a while.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Thom

Thom Premium Guide Member Guide

I only have the Droid Maxx to try it on and it is totally fluid. There is no delay that I can see.

Clear the cache on the Maxx you are using? Perhaps they didn't do a Factory Data Reset after upgrading the Maxx to Kit Kat?

... Thom
    Androidcurious likes this.
  3. Androidcurious

I haven't bought one yet. Any time I've tried it in the store, the browser just seems...not laggy or sluggish, this is hard to explain. When you pinch your fingers out, say, on a G2 or a Note 3, the webpage moves in lockstep with your fingers. On the Moto phones, it moves slower. I don't quite know what it is.
  4. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

One idea is to ask if you can install an alternate browser like Dolphin and see if the same thing happens there.

My big frustration with Chrome on the phone is the lack of ad blocking mostly, because web page downloads seem to stall while downloading ads on many particularly bad sites (mostly the ones without specific mobile sites). Pinch zooming seems to lag while the page is still loading. Many times I just share a site to Pocket to read on my PC or tablet later (though sometimes even on the device.)

I love this phone for the battery. The Moto X seems as if it will be supported with updates better/faster going forward, and the size is great. It's such a hard call for which phone I like more - they're both great IMO.
  5. Thom

Thom Premium Guide Member Guide

I never use Chrome (I use Boat). I tried Chrome for you to test the pinch zooming. It is instantaneous.

... Thom
  6. Androidcurious

Thanks for the help, guys. Much appreciated. :)