Browser failure with Wifi

Last Updated:

1. Beekhouse

Beekhouse Member This Topic's Starter

Since a few days my browser doesn't work with Wifi.
    When wifi is on all the other apps and programs using internet work, so gmail works youtube app works and so on.
    But not the standard htc browser it just hangs and after a minute or so it says cannot connect. I also tried the steel browser but same problem.
    When i use 3g everything works.
    Does anybody have the same problem or knows a solution?

Advertisement
  2. itsmoirob

itsmoirob Well-Known Member

Stupid question, but have you tried typing in an address, ie Google
    Most of the time the browsers degault homepage is connected to the service providers homepage which for some reason will only connect with wap/gprs.

3. greg_stinson

greg_stinson Member

What security do you have? I was using WPA2 and had similar symptoms to yourself, changed to WEP and since then it's functioned fine... Only issue I ever have is that sometimes when I get home I have to reset the router to get the Hero to connect to it, strange but not that big a deal...

4. Beekhouse

Well the problem came after flashing MCR 2.5.1 but there is yet no solution.
    But there are other people who have the same problem so I hope somebody comes with a solution.

5. Gambit

Gambit Active Member

I was having a similar problem until I flashed an update to my home router's firmware. It was worked fine since doing that. I'm not at home now but I think my router model was Linksys WRT54G. I found the firmware update on the Linksys support site.

6. Beekhouse

My router is up to date and I tried it on different routers it has something to do with the modaco custom rom 2.5.1 there are more people with the same problem.

7. noergaard

noergaard New Member

Had exact the same problem. I solved the problem deleting the default access points under settings/Wireless controls/Mobile Network settings/Access Point names and then recreate them as specified by my mobile operator.

It initially worked out of the box with the settings provided, but stopped working on wlan after the upgrade. My guess is, the update somehow messed with the routing and the ability to switch from 3G to wlan. But what do I really know ?!?!

/Martin

8. Beekhouse

Are you talking about the MCR 2.5.1 upgrade or the official htc upgrade?

9. noergaard

noergaard New Member

The official 2.73-something

10. Beekhouse

Okey I tried didnt work it really is a MCR 2.5.1 issue I hope they solve it when a newer version comes..

11. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

If it is then it's a localised issue as I'm having no browser problems after installing that ROM.

12. souleh

souleh New Member

It's the apn settings if you use a proxy in apn settings it screws your WiFi browsing up. Try it without for a bit.