Browser issues after 3.01 update?Support

Last Updated: 2011-03-13 19:36:28
  1. nkd

nkd Well-Known Member

Hi guys just updated to the latest 3.01 update after I got the notification I seem to be havig browser issues. My browser just stops working, doesn't recognize any input from touchscreen. I have cleared cache and wiped history, hope it helps but has happened to me three times already. Relaunching it doesn't seem to help either only way to get it to work was restarting the xoom. Anyone having similar issue?

I will update if it happens again after deleting history and clearing cache.

Advertisement
    Mitchrapp likes this.
  2. kennychaffin

kennychaffin Well-Known Member

Haven't seen any issues here, but have not tested extensively either.

I was having intermittent browser loading problems on occasion before the update.
  3. polo2883

polo2883 Well-Known Member

I am having no issues either. I have notices that pages do load faster.
  4. QuickDraw

QuickDraw Well-Known Member

None for me either, and I gotta say I'm loving the Flash.
  5. tjreishus

tjreishus Well-Known Member

No issues for me and I have used it extensively.
  6. LIH

LIH Active Member

The only issue I have is that the flash video pauses when I go to another tab. Other than that no issues. The typing still lags but not as slowly.

Did you try rebooting?
  7. rjoudrey

rjoudrey Well-Known Member

Flash, check!
  8. rjoudrey

Default to mobile page may have been fixed.
  9. rjoudrey

I cleared all data and had to redo my bookmarks, so far DroidLife and this form loaded in desktop mode first time. Previously they both came up mobile. You may have to clear your cash & data.
    marctronixx likes this.
  10. highwayman1224

highwayman1224 Well-Known Member

Hmmm, I've tried watching videos on dolphin hd, but all I get is sound but no video. Works fine on stock browser though.
  11. knivesout

knivesout Well-Known Member

Are you guys unofficially side-loading Flash on 3.01, or is Flash officially available with the stock ROM now?
  12. kennychaffin

kennychaffin Well-Known Member

Official release is not til 3/18 seems like it may have slipped out though...
  13. rjoudrey

If you change the plug-ins setting to on demand it should speedup the browser speed. If not it is waiting to load flash data for ads, etc.
    marctronixx likes this.
  14. nkd

nkd Well-Known Member

I dont know if it was flash. I uninstalled the leaked beta and everything have been fine for me. I will wait for the official release. I think the problem might have been that I had the leaked version of flash installed before I got the OTA update notification.
    kennychaffin and marctronixx like this.
  15. papermonkey01

papermonkey01 Well-Known Member

That's the potential issue we all face when using "leaked" apps/updates/patches/etc. If you don't want the headaches best just to wait for official pushes. (Supposedly they've worked out the butts by that point...anyone remember our lovely EVO update/phone bricker)
    marctronixx and kennychaffin like this.