Browser issues

Last Updated:

1. Loco Leeep

Loco Leeep Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I don't think this has been covered in a different thread.
    Most sites I go to automatically load the mobile version. CNET is a good example. I type CNET.com in the address field and I get redirected to m.cnet.com. I've searched all the settings and can't figure out how to get it to go to the full site. Other sites are doing this too.
    It's super-annoying, has anyone else figured out how to correct this?

Advertisement
  2. Dieabolical

Dieabolical Member

I am having the same issue with the browser going right to the mobile version also. I came from a HTC Aria, and it didn't have this issue. This is the only issue I am having with this phone. Best phone I have ever owned, so far.

3. Loco Leeep

I bet we're going to have to use a different browser

4. Dieabolical

Dieabolical Member

Well, I tried using a few other browsers, such as: Opera Mini, DolphinHD, and Skyfire. Neither one of those worked. I am thinking its an actual setting on the phone, which I haven't been able to find. I looked everywhere, I think.

5. Blackforge

Blackforge Well-Known Member

They're doing user-agent browser detection on the web server side and automatically redirecting you to the mobile page. I hate it when websites don't give me an option... You might be able to edit the browser user-agent if you root it, but this is not an Android setting.

6. keredini

keredini Well-Known Member

AFAIK you cannot change the user agent in the default browser, which is what the sites you are visiting will use to determine if you need to be redirected to the mobile version of the site. Opera, IIRC, allows you to change the user agent so that you view mobile, iPhone specific, or full versions of sites.

7. lilo

lilo Well-Known Member

I believe I found a way to do this but the results were not good. I read somewhere on the Internet that the following should work:

1) enter the following URL in address bar: about:debug
    2) In the browser, go to Menu -> More -> Settings. In the debug mode, this menu displays additional settings. Change US String from "Android" (I believe it was "Android") to "Desktop".

BUT! After I did this, the browser crashed. Moreover I was unable to start the browser again. It was crashing during the start up. I had to do factory reset to get things back to normal.

8. Dieabolical

Dieabolical Member

With a phone this powerful, settling for a mobile version of websites is horrible. If someone figures out an easy way of doing it, great.

9. Loco Leeep

If it is a server side issue, the website should have a link to the full website. I'm trying to subscribe to CNET's RSS feed but it's not on their mobile site! Grrrrrr.

10. ruppert

ruppert Active Member

I found the same solution, and the same thing happened.Browser crashed and the only way to use it again was a factory reset.

11. gryffen420

gryffen420 New Member

ok. i have the same problem. how do we fix this? and how do we make sure no one else does it?