• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Browser keeps loading the same site

clintdogg

Lurker
Dec 14, 2011
Hey guys, I tried searching for a similar issue but had no luck.

My stock browser keeps reloading a page I visited a few days ago everytime I close it to do something else and go back. When I return to my browser, it's opening back up with 2 tabs open: 1) Google News; 2) a news post on HindustanTimes about the new MIB3 trailer.

I can't figure out how to fix this, any ideas?

Try clearing data and cache from your browser and see if that helps.

Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > All (then scroll to browser)

Also, check what your home page is set to.

If that doesn't work, it could be malware (but I don't think it is). You can try scanning with AVG or Lookout.

One more thing you can do is try another browser and see if it has the same problem.

Upvote 0
This just started happening to me the other day, too.

I read Google News on my Android every morning, and it's always been great, but lately, it goes into this "endless loop" of reloads whenever I go there, to the point where it's become unusable.

Tried all the suggestions here (clearing data & cache), even replaced the stock browser with both Dolphin & Firefox... All with the same results... Google News just keeps reloading itself, indefinitely (it seems)?

I stumbled onto this (intermittently) with a couple of other sites, but Google News is the big offender for me.

The vast majority of the other sites I visit are fine.

To be honest, this really looks to be either a bug in the latest Google News for Mobile, or something that got pushed-out OTA, because the phone was perfect until very recently.

Hope someone comes-up with a theory.

Upvote 0
This just started happening to me the other day, too.

Bug has been around for ages. It also happens on most news sites. I first noticed when reading article on nyt and wp, thought it was a google counspiracy against the neocons. But it truns out the page endlessly reloads on aljazeera and BBC articles as well. I have tried dolphine, stock browsers,opera, boat but it's the same.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones