Browser-Keyboard Issue(?)Support

Last Updated:

1. Withidread

Withidread New Member This Topic's Starter

Froyo has been mostly alright, but I've run into one major (for me anyway) issue that wasn't present previously.

Let me start out by saying I browse almost exclusively in landscape. Portrait browsing does produce similar effects to what I describe below, but with differences in the amount of vertical screen realestate available.

I also experience the issue in both the default browser and xScope.

When I'm trying to type in a text box on a webpage, (such as the one to post on this forum) the webpage is displayed in the upper portion above the keyboard. This is all well and good until, after inputting a few lines, more than half of that upper portion is suddenly covered up by a white box (default browser its white, the xScope box is black).

The few milimeters of screen left above the white box (which displays absolutely nothing) contains the webpage, which I could, theoretically, scroll around.

I much preferred the way it was previously, when I tapped on a text box, the webpage would temporarily disappear so I could type. I wouldn't object to being able to view the webpage, if that darn box went away...

...but the current situation is maddening.

I've tried clearing the browser cache as well as the browser data. I've tried installing xScope, but it experiences similar issues.

I haven't done a hard reset yet, as I'm not in a position to back up my contacts at the moment (could do it later, just not at the time of this posting). Also, I'm hesitant to do the hard reset if there's a way I can avoid it.

Advertisement