Browser MP3 playback quits in sleep modeSupport

Last Updated:

1. sprocket87

sprocket87 New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all, first post. Just picked up an EVO 4G and was doing some testing. Looks like the stock Android browser (2.1) is capable of streaming MP3s in-page with certain music players (JavaScript/FlashLite?). For example, the playlist on my mixtape blog works fine in-browser, which rocks!

The downside is that the playback pauses as soon as you switch focus away from the browser, either to another app or if the display turns off (sleep). Returning to the browser/awaking the phone resumes playback automatically.

Any way around this??

Thanks,

Jesse

Advertisement
  2. Unkerpaulie

Unkerpaulie Member

I have the same issue. Audio from a web page does not continue to play if that web page is in the background, so its not fully multitasking in that sense. I haven't figured out if there is a third party app that exists that allows you to play streaming music (not resident on your sd card) while running in the background, but I wouldn't be surprised if one already exists. If I ever come across one I'll post it here

3. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

I hadn't noticed this one before about the browser - I've not seen a workaround yet.

Meridian player claims rtsp (real time streaming protocol) support - but I'm getting "unsupported video" errors trying to test that out for you. (tried bbc radio and wksu)