• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Browser on HTC HD2 running android problem

jimmy5555

Lurker
Jul 24, 2011
Hi guys, im running Android on my HD2 off my SD Card, when first installed everything worked perfectly, but now all of a sudden no internet browser works, as soon as it loads up i get a force close message. I've reinstalled the browsers, cleared all the data but still happens. Doing my head in because I love android and its just the internet i have problems with. Any ideas would be great thanks.

I don't have an HD2 so I have no idea. It could be the ROM you are using is causing you trouble? I would suggest you try a few things:

1. If you have recovery installed then backup all of your apps, text messages, contacts, etc. and then boot up into MAGLDR then recovery. If you wipe data then it will reset the phone as if it were the first time you ever installed the ROM (so it will have no apps installed, go through the first time setup for your accounts, and so on). While you're at it, go ahead and wipe cache, then go to advanced > wipe dalvik cache.

2. If you don't have recovery (or even if you do) you could flash the same ROM or a different ROM on the phone. Again, backup anything important to you and then just boot into MAGLDR, pick the USB flasher mode, and run the .exe for whatever ROM you desire. It should overwrite everything in data, cache, and dalvik with the new ROM info.

Not really sure what else to recommend besides this. It's a rather unfortunate answer I know. :(

MyBackupRoot is a pretty good app that can backup most things for you. Whenever I install new ROMs I generally just pull the apk files I want with adb and use SMS backup and restore to save my text messages (all of my contacts are already saved in google). Once the phone is running the new ROM I can just use adb install to put all of the apps back on there (or download them again).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones