Browser Pinch Zoom Auto-FitSupport

Last Updated:

1. Dewg

Dewg Member This Topic's Starter

Coming from an iPhone to the Fascinate, I've noticed that the pinch to zoom feature in the browser auto-fits the text after the zoom in. On my iPhone that didn't happen. I can see where auto-fit would come in handy, but there are times I don't want the layout of the site to change. I just want to zoom it a little - I'll happily finger scroll to the left, right, up, or down to read something.

Is there a way to disable the auto-fit on the zoom-in for the stock browser? I know there are other browsers out there, but I'm asking about the stock browser.

Perhaps this is a feature coming in 2.2?

Advertisement
  2. nunyazz

nunyazz Well-Known Member

While in the browser, press the menu key / more / Settings / Auto-fit pages (uncheck)
    See if that works for you..

3. Dewg

Dewg Member This Topic's Starter

I did uncheck that - but it's still auto-fitting. I closed the browser, and killed the task too - just to make sure. Any text sites (like news sites) will auto-fit the text when I zoom in.

Try the following (as an example): us.mobile.reuters.com

It's the mobile Reuters site. Try pinch zooming in - does it auto-fit the text?

4. burningembers

burningembers Well-Known Member

Try typing about:debug into your address bar, hitting go, then going back to settings and change the UAString value at the very very bottom to iPhone. Maybe?

I, personally, like the auto-text fitting. Otherwise I'd have to scroll left and right to read things instead of just up/down.

C.C.W. likes this.