• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Browser Redirect and Homepage Hack - Pioce dot com

spacereal

Lurker
Jul 23, 2016
Hello, I'm having a serious issue with the broswers in my phone, they all change the homepage to this website pioce dot com

I tought it was adware, but nothing picked it up, and there's nothing on google, the website has no search results, but when typed in the adress bar, it shows the same as in my phone.

Has anyone ever seen this?

Thank you

Reactions: Erundi R
Hello, I'm having a serious issue with the broswers in my phone, they all change the homepage to this website pioce dot com

I tought it was adware, but nothing picked it up, and there's nothing on google, the website has no search results, but when typed in the adress bar, it shows the same as in my phone.

Has anyone ever seen this?

Thank you

Me too, same problem! no idea how to fix it!

the phone is brand new, and I only used the browser on facebook and googlemaps, so I have no idea where this virus (if it is a virus) came from...

Anyone can help? thanks...

Upvote 0
Hello. Same problem. I dont know what to do.
Perhaps the main reason is the chinese mobile ( leagoo elite 5 ) but no idea.
I did a factory reset a couple of times and i supose it will be stop. Also i did a whois: pioce dot com, and I saw who is behind this, but not too much more. Anti virus / antimalware... Nothing is working. What kind of shit is this?

Whois domain. pioce(dot)com

Thanks.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-09-10-20-28-34.png
    Screenshot_2016-09-10-20-28-34.png
    144.5 KB · Views: 300
Upvote 0
Hi Fatal Killah, thanks for your words.

Couple of days ago I must restart my phone again, now I did with some application "disabled", and I have two ideas.

Application disabled:
Battery
Opera and Opera store
Leago share
Beauty whatever.

First:

I though i must download something app wrong and when i restored the phone the virus come again. So now, i dont restore anymore by sdcard.

What i did?
Factory reset, download.

Second ( paranoid mode):

Chinesse are spying and some app send and transmit 'things'...
What i did?
Install a firewall and monitoring who is demanding permission for take my net.
Perhaps is not the best solution but I still on it.

Question.

Is anybody a leagoo elite 5 too?

And, when you are doing or not something with ur phone, sometimes the system 'take a break' and if you have the screen proteccion on, you must unlocked.

Again thanks and I hope we can found the issue.

See ya.

Upvote 0
Hi auxsig, i have leagoo elite 5 too. I d'ont see the phone "taking a break" . i have installing malwarebyte and antiadware ( find on play store) . one time, the phone download a leagoos' update. It install beautymakeup and leagoo stade. Malwarebyte and antiadware say immediatly they are suspect applications. SO i have both disabled . the paranoid mode maybe is the good option... Sure Chinese are suspect. Do you sée what their forks look like? ;)

Upvote 0
esterday I restart again the phone ( just 2 days free! ).

I disable this apps...

screenshot_2016-09-17-18-04-24-png.109813
and also firewalling suspecting things...

screenshot_2016-09-17-18-13-24-png.109814

and having a log about changing.

screenshot_2016-09-17-20-59-29-png.109815

So, nothing happened and I had an stupid idea...

As a simyo user and offcourse a user simyo app perhaps the malware comes with it... :/

I found a place where leagoo elite 5 users are very very happy and nobody speaks about this so...

here the place:
http://www.movilesdualsim.com/tema/analisis-del-movil-elite-leagoo.152591/#post-1722752

please share about your config / apps... and we will see if there are some coincidence.

Again, thanks to all.

Upvote 0
Same here. Nothing will stop this pioce.com nightmare, even restore. Pioce will appears again as soon is possible. Pioce is a present from Leagoo, it is malware and we must clean it. My phone is leagoo elite 5 and I have two same devices in my home with the same problem.

I think that I found the solution! Now my phone is clean (I hope for ever). Pioce.com is hiding on leagoo launcher. What you can do?
1. Install Sophos Security (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sophos.smsec). You will see there all the problems and you can delete many of them, but not all if your phone is not root. Disable all these apps from the settings/apps/all. Unistall programs with chineze letters. Beauty MakeUp it is a nice program but not safety.
2. Clean cache, history, cookies etc (settings/apps/all): a) Leagoo launcher and b) Browser that you use (mine is UC Browser), c) all leagoo apps
3. If pioce is still there, then you can change launcher (nova is nice) and browsers will be clean. You can test this, if you run your browser from leagoo launcher and after from nova (or else).
4. There are two "clean" browsers: CM Browser ...sorry, I don't remember the other one. Pioce.com doesn't run there!
5. For more security, block pioce.com in your router's firewall.

Good luck :)

Upvote 0
Same here. Nothing will stop this pioce.com nightmare, even restore. Pioce will appears again as soon is possible. Pioce is a present from Leagoo, it is malware and we must clean it. My phone is leagoo elite 5 and I have two same devices in my home with the same problem.

I think that I found the solution! Now my phone is clean (I hope for ever). Pioce.com is hiding on leagoo launcher. What you can do?
1. Install Sophos Security (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sophos.smsec). You will see there all the problems and you can delete many of them, but not all if your phone is not root. Disable all these apps from the settings/apps/all. Unistall programs with chineze letters. Beauty MakeUp it is a nice program but not safety.
2. Clean cache, history, cookies etc (settings/apps/all): a) Leagoo launcher and b) Browser that you use (mine is UC Browser), c) all leagoo apps
3. If pioce is still there, then you can change launcher (nova is nice) and browsers will be clean. You can test this, if you run your browser from leagoo launcher and after from nova (or else).
4. There are two "clean" browsers: CM Browser ...sorry, I don't remember the other one. Pioce.com doesn't run there!
5. For more security, block pioce.com in your router's firewall.

Good luck :)
Invited to join our conversation.
Basically problem with Leagoo Launcher.
Solution:
1. Clear data/ cache of Leagoo Launcher,
2. installed another launcher from Playstore eg Nova
3. use that launcher as default instead
Phone running OK since

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones