Browser Scrolls on Input

Last Updated:

1. sweeds

sweeds Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have come across a strange bug while developing my web application. It seems as though with an input field selected, on some keystrokes, the entire page scrolls up by about 50px. There seems to be no logical pattern, ryhme or reason as to which keys trigger the scrolling jump. I am contuning to test this, but can not seem to find the source of the problem. This continues even as the input field goes off the screen. As the browser reaches the bottom of the page, it will then jump all the way to the top of the page and continue scrolling down.

A co-worker of mine said that he has seen this before but was unable to find the the cause for this problem. It only happens on the Android I am testing on.

Additional Information: I am using the Nexus One with Android 2.2. I am using the default Android Web Browser. My web page is using the jQuery and jQtouch frameworks. This only happens on this phone and does not replicate on the HTC Evo running 2.2

Anybody have any experience with this? Or at least heard of a somebody with a similar problem? I hope im not alone on this one :confused:

Advertisement
  2. sweeds

Shameless self-bump... still scouring the interwebs for possible solutions

3. blundell

blundell Well-Known Member

Are you sure it's not your secondary fat finger touching the top half of the screen, even at the very edge this causes this type of scrolling.

4. sweeds

Now wouldn't that be silly. Sadly, it isn't that simple. I tested it and was very careful with finger placement and that is not the problem. I wish i could give more information as to what patterns are causing it or any common variables but it seems to happen almost haphazardly with no pre-determined number of keystrokes.

I will keep playing around: has nobody else seen or heard of this kind of problem?

5. grandecomplex

grandecomplex New Member

I'm having the same problem. If you shorten the height, the problem goes away. But that is an unacceptable solution. I'm spending the entire day trying to come up with a workaround to this bullshit problem.

6. grandecomplex

grandecomplex New Member

The 3D webkit is broken in Android, causes this problem. Make sure you are not using -webkit-transform: translate3d(0, 0, 0);
    or -webkit-backface-visibility: hidden; on anything related to the inputs. :(

7. dotandpixel

dotandpixel New Member

I have had the same issue on Android 2.2

CSS:
    input:focus, input:hover, select:hover, option:hover, textarea:hover{
    box-shadow ...
    border-radius ...
    linear-gradient ...
    }

I *thought* removing these effects from the inputs fixed the issue for me, but it turns out the issue is intermittent - so I've given up on it.