Browser shows up in French Language?

Last Updated:

1. Kuhlmanb

Kuhlmanb Member This Topic's Starter

Whenever I type in google.com in my web browser (stock or dolphin) it takes me to the french version of google. I do not know why it does this. I have my default locale set up correctly in the settings. Any ideas what I'm missing?

Advertisement
  2. treborcj

treborcj Well-Known Member

Did you clear your cache?

3. lv2bll

lv2bll Well-Known Member

its on googles side they do it on purpose for some global awareness thing, dont worry about it

4. tatonka_Hero

tatonka_Hero Well-Known Member

global awareness? So it's in French? WTF is that supposed to mean?

5. lv2bll

lv2bll Well-Known Member

a few different times for me it was in spanish, german, and russian. it seems random. no problem with your phone though

6. eyebeam

eyebeam Well-Known Member

That's really odd. I've never had Google show up in any other languages. :confused:

7. treborcj

treborcj Well-Known Member

There is something wrong on the phone, I had a pc do the same thing and had to enter another google address to get it back. I forgot what it was but will look for it again. Did you clear the cache before I start researching?

8. Snarky30

Snarky30 Member

I, like I'm sure most others do, use Google almost all day long and I have never had it show up in a different language. I don't know where you heard about "global awareness" but it sounds like the suggestion of clearing your cache is the way to go. Also, make sure it's pulling up the U.S. link for Google and not like google.co.uk or something like that.

Also try doing a google search and scroll to the bottom, then click preferences, then more settings and at the top make sure your interface language is English. You can also check the boxes of which language you want search results to only show up in.(Ex: filter out any page that's written in another language)

Hopefully your settings are still in English so you know what to click on lol

9. Kuhlmanb

Kuhlmanb Member This Topic's Starter

It seems to have gone back to normal after I cleared my cache. Thanks for the help :)

10. nathanotis

nathanotis Well-Known Member

FWIW, mine pops up in Spanish from time to time... After resets, I think. On mine, there's always a "google in english" option at the bottom. One click and its fixed.

... its never once happened on my pc.