Browser size is increasing A LOTSupport

1. chairface

chairface Member

I recently installed GOT 2.2.1 on my motorola milestone and then installed all my apps that could be to my SD card. I had about 60 or 70 mb left.

While I was playing xbox my phone informed me that it had low memory. I checked the size of all my apps and my browser was taking up 50mb! I cleared the data and cashe and it was back to 288kb. then half an hour latter after i fixed all my bookmarks (only about 4 or 5) and changed the plug-ins to 'on demand', it was back up to 20-25mb. :eek:

Ive tried it multiple times and its has happened repeatably.

Any idea on what the problem is?
    thanks in advance :)

Advertisement
    :
  2. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

Are you using any graphics intensive websites? The browser caches a lot of stuff to make sure web sites open faster next time you open them. If a website has a lot of graphics the browser caches them and that takes a lot of space.

If your phone is rooted, the best option would be to get Cache MAte that will automaitcally clear the caches from time to time for you.
    chairface likes this.
  3. chairface

chairface Member

thanks, i checked the cashe but it was always under 1mb.
    Its that data that grows, I have found out that it only grows when the browser opens so if I dont open it, it will stay the same size.