1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Browser Storage FullSupport

1. SoonerLater

SoonerLater Well-Known Member

I frequently get an error message popup (in the home screen's pull-down notification bar where you get icons notifying you about new emails, text messages, etc.) which says, "Browser Storage Full - Click to free up some space.."

What causes this?

What sort of data will be deleted if I assent?

What will happen if I don't?

It's not like I've surfed very much, so I'm surprised much data could possibly accumulate. Besides, I've only had my Droid-X three days, but this has already happened several times.

Advertisement
    :
  2. jamo

jamo Well-Known Member

That's weird, I've never had that. Have you checked how many windows you have open? A lot of times, I open bookmarks that open in new windows and never go back and close them. Try checking that and see if it does anything.
  3. Paznos

Paznos Well-Known Member

I got that message last night too but I looked at the notification and everything was 0mb... and everything was working fine so I ignored it.
  4. PurePursuit

PurePursuit Well-Known Member

Had this happen as well. Went and cleared out what it was listing (I assumed it was using browser storage to index all of my e-mails), and haven't had it come up again. Didn't impede anything.
  5. quickaudi

quickaudi Well-Known Member Contributor

Cache full? Seen similar with other smart phones? Just clear it every once in a while