Browser TabsSupport

1. Trimbaud

Trimbaud Well-Known Member

At random, the silk browser when I open it, will load multiple tabs from websites I visited days ago. This, in spite of closing the tabs, and clearing the history and cache.
    It's bizarro!
    Any tips or ideas? Anyone else with this problem? (Please don't let me be the only one!)

Advertisement
    :
  2. tstarky

tstarky Active Member

I didn't have that problem when I was using Silk. I have switched to using the Dolphin Mini browser. It is faster and more user friendly. It has to be sideloaded but well worth the extra step, IMO.
  3. ovrrdrive

ovrrdrive Well-Known Member

I've notices silk goes crazy with the tabs too... Every once in a while it will run out of tabs and you have to close them all. Seems like it's inherant to the browser.
  4. grvthang

grvthang Well-Known Member

Ive noticed that too, although I rarely use the Silk browser; I use Opera Mobile.
    I wonder how many people who use these forums use the Silk browser exclusively?
  5. dschwa

dschwa Well-Known Member

Silk is plain horrible.

If you don't want to side load Dolphin, then I recommend Maxthon Mobile for Android. It is now my standard browser on the Fire and as far as I know, the only one installable from the amazon market.
  6. ovrrdrive

ovrrdrive Well-Known Member

I've tried Maxthon on several different roms on my e3d and I just can't seem to like it at all. I'd rather use dolphin or opera when the stock browser gets annoying. The wife never complains about silk though so I just left it as default on the kf. I figure the more amazon software I leave intact on it the more stable it will be and that is the #1 priority for her. If it becomes unstable at all she'll get mad at me for rooting it. lol
  7. Trimbaud

Trimbaud Well-Known Member

Looks like the latest upgrade fixed the problem!