Browser Uses LOTS of BatterySupport

Last Updated:

1. Toast95135

Toast95135 Active Member This Topic's Starter

I've started noticing that aside from GPS, browsing the internet uses up a hugggeeeee amount of power. I can watch a movie at full brightness for 10 minutes and see less power consumption then browsing for 10 minutes. I finished charging my phone and turned on Dolphin Browser HD, used it for 5 minutes and then checked the battery usage. The screen had used 67% and the browser had eaten up 14%! Wth? I quickly switched over to the stock browser and it was a little better, 7%. One weird thing too, was that even though I used the stock browser for 5 minutes it only listed the CPU usage as 1.23 minutes, where the Dolphin browser indicated that it was taxing the CPU the entire time.

I also noticed, when you load a page in the browser (either one) and then check the built in Task Manager, the browser app flashes red and says that it's using anywhere from 80-116% CPU... No wonder it uses so much power.

Is there any other way to get around this?

Advertisement
  2. RoboMonkey

RoboMonkey Well-Known Member

Epic doesn't use power to display blacks, so with most web pages having all white it will put a dent in your power.

3. pflol

pflol Well-Known Member

Yea I can tell it drained like 25% in a 1 hr 30 mim span, I only used the browser for maybe 30 mins.