• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Browser very laggy after 2.0.1 update?

btw there's an update for home++. i turned it off because i was getting FC's after the new update. maybe its fixed now.

Thanks, but i already have the most up to date version. I never get force closes with it, only when first turning on the phone, im sorry you are having problems with it. I shot an email to the home ++ developer about the dolphin issue.

Upvote 0
here's a video another member made: Browser Issue with Verizon Droid 2.0.1 Update - JefTek.com

Just posting in case he doesn't happen by this thread, plus I know people here were asking for a video.

thanks for that link. I do see the issue after visiting one site he showed in the video, alldroid.org. the graphic intensive sites like engadget seem ok so i'm not sure what the cause of this is, cause the pages on alldroid are mostly text. Anyway, I would like to see it fixed as well but its not a huge huge issue for me, though I could see how it can get really annoying after a while.

Upvote 0
thanks for that link. I do see the issue after visiting one site he showed in the video, alldroid.org. the graphic intensive sites like engadget seem ok so i'm not sure what the cause of this is, cause the pages on alldroid are mostly text. Anyway, I would like to see it fixed as well but its not a huge huge issue for me, though I could see how it can get really annoying after a while.

This is why I actually think it has to do with link events. Since they just fixed a bug related to link events, it makes sense too. For any large graphic or large form input field, the browser may be doing extra work to check to see if you're scrolling or clicking, which in turn causes the scroll to slow down.

Upvote 0
1) Stock
2) OTA this morning
3)Almost all (75%) gets to about 10% loaded, sticks, jumps to 30%, sticks, etc etc
4) all the time
5) Can you list some problematic sites? droidforums.net, google.com, cooks.com, recipesource.com, facebook.com, cnn.com...get the idea? :p
6) gmail (app) works fine, sms is great, phone call is okay. Showing 3g but there's no way it's 3g. Maps work too!!!
EDIT: market is IMPOSSIBLE

Whyy I love my droid! Cmon I've got to travel tomorrow this is ridonkulous! Considering going to VZW to return this...

Can I uninstall the OTA??

Upvote 0
Wow this is the 3rd most starred defect now. Behind only to Bluetooth dialing and contact groups.

Issue 5286 - android - Browser lags when scrolling after 2.0.1 Update on Motorola DROID - Project Hosting on Google Code

Also starred, lets get some more people on this list. Im almost at the point of exchanging my phone in hopes the new one is the one of ten that the update diesnt criplle browsing, which is the biggest feature i use. Thanks to all that have contributed.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones