Browser viewing causes phone/OS to lock up

Last Updated:

1. dak244

dak244 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have only had the Droid for 24 hours and I have had it reset on me about 8 times already. I really am not too sure why. Mostly its been while doing different tasks in different applications. But as of the last 3 times, it has been while I was using the Broswer. Essentially, it just completely locks up (no haptic feedback either) and either resets itself, or else I have to hold teh Shift+Alt+Del to reset it.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Advertisement
  2. baddriver

baddriver Well-Known Member

no, but thanks for the cool shortcut to restarting the phone :)

3. iPhoneMilk

iPhoneMilk Well-Known Member

Has not happened to me at all.

4. Xomox

Xomox Member

I've had this happen on certain web page types, specifically ones containing javascipt or flash elements. An example is the following URL, when it tries to load the color selector tool element:

Guru Bikes: Products

5. dak244

dak244 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

6. wsbsteven

wsbsteven Well-Known Member

Any type of crash that causes the device to reboot is not normal and the phone needs to be swapped out for a working one.

7. Xomox

Xomox Member

It sounds like you might have the same defect I had with my first droid; my wife and I each picked one up last Saturday, and in the first 24 hours I had it lock up or reboot over a dozen times, always related to interaction with the touchscreen. The service fellow at the Verizon store here in Austin replaced the unit the next day without question, and it's been golden since then -- with the exception of the browser lockup I mentionded. Even with that, I've only restarted the phone once this week, and that was only for safety's sake after restoring something from a backup made with MyBackup Pro.