1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Browser Widget?

Last Updated:

1. pelebkf

pelebkf Active Member This Topic's Starter

I am trying to find a browser widget similer to webos. Is there such a thing?

Advertisement
  2. mikevember

mikevember Well-Known Member

browser widget in WebOS? what widget are you referring to WebOS doesnt have any widgets.

3. RestivoBC

RestivoBC Well-Known Member

what is the advantage of a browser widget?

4. RedWingsFan

RedWingsFan Well-Known Member

Who was browser widget?

5. pelebkf

pelebkf Active Member This Topic's Starter

To have 1 screen designated as a browser

6. Psientist

Psientist New Member

Glad I am not the only person interested in a widget which would display a webpage for me (and refresh periodically). Sad to find nothing available.

I have found a variety of RSS and News feed widgets, but why not a simple web page display widget?

*sigh*

7. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

I guess I don't understand the need for this...a shortcut to the web browser and the home set to your page of choice isn't sufficient?

8. akazabam

akazabam Well-Known Member

How would that even work? If you tried navigating around it at all, you would end up switching screens. That is unless you're talking about a view only type of thing, in which, I've never come across anything like that.

EDIT: I just realized we revived an old thread. lol.

9. Psientist

Psientist New Member

I'd just like to see this run on Android:
    Snippage - Make desktop widgets out of any website - Gabocorp

P.S. if you don't see a need for this, why bother to comment? It is something we're interested in. The justification could be any number of reasons which are, well, irrelevant. Call it preference. That is all it ever amounts to anyway.

Also, if all the widget did was display the web page on your desktop, and then open the web browser to that page when clicked that would be great. It would just be nice to see a web page (or portion thereof) at a glance from a desktop widget, without having to launch the browser and navigate or create and follow shortcuts. Some of us visit webpages that update often. I'd like a widget which displayed it is all. *shrug*

10. akazabam

akazabam Well-Known Member

Fair enough. Cool idea.

11. flu13

flu13 Well-Known Member

CPR time for an old thread. Anyone know of anything like this yet? My work email requires special authentication, and therefore can't be checked with a typical email app. I can, however, get to it through the Android browser just fine. I'd love to be able to throw a "browser widget" on my screen and see when I have new email on my work account. Then, I could toss my dumb Blackberry.

12. williamwbuzz

williamwbuzz New Member

In reply to your request for a web browser widget I found one the other day called floating browser

It is an icon that pops open to be floating broswer over on your home screen or anything you have open. It is a resizable fully functional web browser... I wanted a browser widget just like you asked. It more than fits my needs.

13. norweger

norweger Well-Known Member

Well aware the question was asked a while back. Have you had any luck?

I am looking for a browser widget for Chrome , or a browser, doesn't matter which, that has such a widget.

14. flu13

flu13 Well-Known Member

I never found anything that gave me what I was looking for.

15. electricpete

electricpete Well-Known Member

I like websnap (see Play link https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.web2mine.wg01 ) to put a piece of a webpage onto your homescreen as a widget.

At the link below (see my post Jul 8, 2014 in the thread), it shows how I have combined content from three different websites in three websnap widgets to give exactly the view I want on my homescreen.
    http://androidforums.com/threads/need-best-weather-app-or-site.857106/

You can customize the refresh rate. If you leave home (leave internet connectivity), it still shows the most recent successful update. You can easily see when it was last udated at top of the widget. From the widget you can launch the page in your browser if you want.

funkylogik likes this.