• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Browser will not load favorite website

lirwin

Nov 30, 2010
My Samsung Epic 4G is just one week old and I'm loving it so far... however, I just discovered that I cannot load my favorite website on the browser (Television Without Pity Forums).

The page begins to load just fine but before the status bar reaches the end, the entire browser closes. I have tried numerous times yesterday and today with different forums in the TWoP website, and each time my browser spontaneously closed.

FYI, I have not had difficulty loading any other websites thus far. I also tried unchecking "Block Pop Up Windows" in the settings but that did not help.

Today I downloaded Dolphin thinking that may solve my problem. The results were exactly the same :thinking:

Any ideas?

My Samsung Epic 4G is just one week old and I'm loving it so far... however, I just discovered that I cannot load my favorite website on the browser (Television Without Pity Forums).

The page begins to load just fine but before the status bar reaches the end, the entire browser closes. I have tried numerous times yesterday and today with different forums in the TWoP website, and each time my browser spontaneously closed.

FYI, I have not had difficulty loading any other websites thus far. I also tried unchecking "Block Pop Up Windows" in the settings but that did not help.

Today I downloaded Dolphin thinking that may solve my problem. The results were exactly the same :thinking:

Any ideas?

Welcome to the forums. Stuntman hit on what I was about to say, that flash can crash the browser on some sites (sometimes ill-written flash code, other times just too much of a good thing ;)).

Also, flash is most often used for ads rather than site content at forums, so turning it off can have the added advantage of disallowing some of the banners, etc.

I moved your query out of the Lounge and into the Epic 4G support area for you.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones