Browser with Proxy Settings?Support

Last Updated:

1. Smileyguy3000

Smileyguy3000 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Is there a browser in which I can change proxy settings? I downloaded opera Mini but can't see an option to change proxy settings:(

I want to do it only via the ohone's settings, not having to browse i and change major code each time I want to switch off and on.

ALSO - can I change proxy settings for the Market?

I am trying to use my wifi network at work but need to change proxy settings to get web access . . .

Advertisement
  2. Smileyguy3000

I found a setting called "Proxy" in the "Acces Point Names" section of the settings.

Not at work right now, but will that let me eneter my work's proxy settings for using wifi? or is the apn not used if wifi is being used?

3. angeamon

angeamon Well-Known Member

As far as i ve noticed, i think that the wifi takes precedence ovr the apn . .

4. informale

informale Well-Known Member

Even if it worked with wifi, you cannot input auto-setup proxy scripts, which is useful when you use corporate wifi networks (which I suppose is the main scenario, where you need to use proxy nowadays), you can only set up exact known proxy server address.

5. Andronix

Andronix Well-Known Member

i guess we'll have to wait for mobile firefox for this feature. it's silly if you know that proxy is standard feature of all known browsers ever created, for PC though.

6. Smileyguy3000

Even if it is available on Firefox mobile - It won't work for system settings like autosynch will it:(

7. informale

informale Well-Known Member

Obviously it won't, as it would be an individual app setting, not a system wide.

click339 likes this.
  8. click339

click339 New Member

Has a solution for this problem emerged now? i recently bought a samsung spica and have flashed it to 2.1 and unfortunately i dont have these proxy settings.