browser

Last Updated:

1. thequeenscheese

thequeenscheese Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi i have an x5a with 2.1-update1 but im struggling to find a decent browser to play streaming movies/clips/podcasts opera is pretty usless skyfire plays some clips but wont allow to scroll through timeline dolphin wont play anything xscope same the problem i seem to have is that there all mobile browsers really and my tab doesnt have 3g or phone just uses the wifi, or maybe that i havnt got the right player/pluggins installed i have flash10 realplayer, xyplayer, rockplayer i was trying to play from notesinspanish.com advanced free casts it either wanted to download to mem card, or select a player whichever i selected would just hourglass until i stopped it (real, and music) but they do work fine on "her indoors" htc wildfire,

Any ideas for the best option/what im doing wrong/pluggins/best tablet browser etc?

Advertisement
  2. ukstan

ukstan Well-Known Member

ave you tried dolphin browser ? I find it the best one

3. thequeenscheese

yes tried that aswell skyfire doesnt work without dolphin installed anyway, i think its more of a pluggin/media viewer problem i know it should work ok as the missis plays from the notesinspanish site on her htc all the time via its standard browser i asume as she's not into downin apps to much..

4. thequeenscheese

eg if you follow this link:

Advanced Spanish Podcast 96 – Los Bomberos : Notes in Spanish – Learn Spanish with Podcast Audio Conversation from Spain.

or bbc iplayer , the home page just states that my phone is not supported
    there should be a volume and play button for each cast but on the droid tablet the only option is to download mp3,

system info

X5A
    Firmware 2.1-update1
    kernal version 2.6.29 root@localhost#348
    build no. X5A 1.0
    tablet only has wifi no 3g no bluetooth
    has flash 10

hope you can help, thanks..john