BrowserSupport

Last Updated:

1. jonoross949

jonoross949 Active Member This Topic's Starter

hey again! :D

this time its about the browser, all the review ive read say that its really good and fast... but is it? what do you think? the stock browser on my wildfire is crap so i use dolphin browser HD.. way faster and better looking :p have any of you guys scrapped the stock browser and adopted a new one? if so, please share! :)

thank you :)

jonathan.

Advertisement
  2. Stuntman

Stuntman Well-Known Member

I use the stock browser. It is fast and allows me to view almost any site like I would on a PC. Once I configure the default zoom and font to the way I like, I find I hardly ever need to use the pinch zoom feature. The best thing about the browser is that it reflows text. When you pinch zoom or when you switch between landscape and portrait, you do not need to side scroll to read each line of text.

The only disadvantage is that the bookmark management features are lacking. You cannot create folders within the browser to organise bookmarks. You cannot even rearrange bookmarks. The latest bookmark is the first. I manage my bookmarks by dedicating a home screen for internet browsing. I create folders on my home screen and populate shortcuts to the bookmarks in each of these folders.

I also use Opera Mini. I installed Opera Mini because I used Opera Mini on my old phone. Opera Mini's bookmarks are stored on Opera's servers, so if you install Opera Mini on a new phone, you can sync the bookmarks with your old phone. Also, Opera Mini allows you to organise your bookmarks into folders. The order is alphabetical.

Most of the time, I just use the stock browser. I rarely use Opera Mini now. The workaround I use for the bookmark management works well enough for me. I keep Opera Mini around just in case I travel and am sensitive about the amount of data I use.

3. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

I use the stock browser but manage my bookmarks via GoMarks. That makes all my Google bookmarks available in two clicks.

4. Stuntman

Stuntman Well-Known Member

I just installed Bookmark Manager Pro. Does exactly what I need. Saves me part of a home screen.

5. Alonzzo2

Alonzzo2 Well-Known Member

I've been looking around for an app like this for a long time, thanks!

6. DaveLevenson

DaveLevenson Member

Got an OTA update for GoMarks today. Now, every time I open the app, it asks for my gmail login and password. When I enter them, it tells me authentication failed, and then displays my bookmarks anyway. Next time I open it, same thing. Why did they have to break what was a very useful application?