BrowserGeneral

Last Updated:

1. HSB

HSB Active Member This Topic's Starter

When i am the hope page and i push the browser button i get a white screen. Isn't google or a home page supposed to come up. the way i get to a web page then is to hit the magnifying glass (which brings me to google search). isn't a homepage supposed to come up when i hit that browser button. how do i make that happen?

thanks

Advertisement
  2. Caddyman

Caddyman Well-Known Member

menu>more>settings>set home page....try that.

3. moonsbabe

moonsbabe Well-Known Member

And you know I love you like a mom!! Just went to more>settings> etc... and I can also clear history and other things in there! You teach me so much Grasshopper!! :D

4. erisuser1

erisuser1 Well-Known Member

Here's another thing to try, too.

When i first got the Eris, I found that adding bookmarks was incredibly time consuming.

(There might be a third-party app for doing this, I'm not sure).

So I exported my bookmarks from my PC browser (into an html file), and put that up on a web server. Heck, I suppose I could even make that my home page on the Eris.

If your ISP gives you some personal web storage, you could do the same sort of thing. If you are concerned about privacy, just don't create a link from your home page to that HTML file - then search engines or folks randomly visiting your personal pages won't find it.

Just a thought - probably someone will jump in here and say "Use appXYZ for importing bookmarks" in the next 5 minutes.

cheers

eu1

5. erisuser1

erisuser1 Well-Known Member

Duh; that's kind of dumb in an over-the-top way.

Just realized I could pull the same stunt by DL'ing the 'bookmarks.html' file to a folder on the SD card, and using a "file://" URL such as:

file://sdcard/bmarks/bookmarks.html

and then saving that as a bookmark - or setting it to the home page. No network needed!

eu1