1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Browsers

Last Updated:

1. Jedii

Jedii Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I havent seen a post on this in a while. Does anyone have a list of recommended or not recommended browsers? Maybe some pros and cons of each...Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
  2. Gomez.alexis3

Gomez.alexis3 Member

The main browsers you'll hear of are Skyfire and Dolphin HD . I installed Skyfire as a first choice and made a wise decision to uninstall FAST. My phone was running so slow i couldn't even use Pandora. Dolphin is much better youtube videos play flawlessly no buffering or skipping. You can chose different themes and fonts to customize even more. It also has an amazing swype feature

3. Jedii

Yeah. I have seen dolphin a little. Is there a big difference in Dolphin and Dolphin HD?

4. jimdroid

jimdroid Well-Known Member

You might also check out Opera Mini, which is blazingly fast, but doesn't render so well and xScope, which is fast and renders beautifully.

Both are free in the Market.

5. Gomez.alexis3

Gomez.alexis3 Member

Dolphin HD runs a little smoother and all around has a nicer set up cosmeticly you can change change the default color and also you can download alot of extras i.e color packs fonts etc..All free of course

6. thedrizl

thedrizl Well-Known Member

another vote for Dolphin. just got it a couple days ago and i already love it.

also love the fact that bookmarks are for sites, not pages like the stock browser.

7. Jedii

I checked out DolphinHD. Seems nice. A bit heavy and laggy though.

8. watersrules

watersrules Well-Known Member

I used Dolphin HD for awhile, still love it, but am in the process of using xScope.. just to change things up.. it works well, but I do like the minor customizations Dolphin HD offers as well as its clean format

9. Gomez.alexis3

Gomez.alexis3 Member

I also love the fact that every time i close my browser out automatically gives me the option to clear browser history. Also if you have kids who love to close your net it saves your last page very useful when sending emails no more rewriting!

10. FoxtrotUniform

FoxtrotUniform Well-Known Member

I vote for Stock browser. I've tried all the usual ones listed above and they all run slower than the stock browser for me. When I'm on my phone I don't want themes and eye candy, so really I'd like a clone of Chrome, but for now I'm keeping an eye on Firefox Mobile (Fennec) when it hits a beta stage.

11. fearofth3dark

fearofth3dark Well-Known Member

I just downloaded a few add-ons and a theme for Dolphin HD, how do I use them?

12. watersrules

watersrules Well-Known Member

when the Dolphin HD browser is open, you should be able to swipe your screen right-to-left, and a side-drawer will open up w/ any add-ons

13. satya164

satya164 New Member

You may also want to check UC Browser, which released today.