Browsing contents of Captivate via PS3?

Last Updated:

1. braj

braj Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Is this possible? I'd love to copy photos and videos to the console from the phone.

Advertisement
  2. The Shape

The Shape Well-Known Member

I haven't tried it with my USB cable but I was able to using my SD card.

3. rfound

rfound Well-Known Member

If the ps3 can log into an FTP... you could set the captivate as an FTP server using swiftP. Its super slick.

4. DT

DT Well-Known Member

Should work fine mounting it as a USB device (I've even done that with our iPhone and used it as an HDD). Funny enough, I don't think I've done that yet (but I have my phone media copied over to our media server).

Also, you can use a DLNA server (which serves up media) and I would _assume_ you could consume it from the PS3 since it's "DLNA aware".

Like someone else mentioned, you can always stick the MicroUSB into an SD slot (with an adapter).

5. omgitsoop

omgitsoop Well-Known Member

ive connected through dlna from my phone to my ps3 slim, it browses through photos fine but its laggy playing any video, with video its much better connecting through dlna straight to the tv, looks far superior than connecting with that crummy headphone out/tv out cable

6. silverecho

silverecho Member

I've used allshare. The packin with the phone. It picks up my phone as a server. Works fine with no lag. The first time it happened I didn't even know it was set up for it. I was just looking around my ps3 and found my phone.

-Eric

7. silverecho

silverecho Member

OH one thing about allshare...I have a wireless network set up and my phone is allowed on it. The PS3 is on the network from a ethernet cable.