• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Browsing Covers in Music App on HTC Hero

huddie

Apr 17, 2010
I wonder could someone please help me ?

I've just got a new Hero and before I replaced the bundled memory card with my own I had a really nice 'view' for browsing tracks in Music. Now I've put my own memory card in and applied the album art, I don't have this nice view any more. It used to show tracks with big album art pics that you could flick through horizontally, iPhone style. Now I get a crappy looking vertical list with tiny pics and can't get the other view back. How do I do this ?

Android v 1.5 (I think)
Build 2.73.61.66
Network: Orange UK

PS: Great phone.

just press that little button on the bottom right corner of your phone ;)
Hi, I also had problems viewing my albums in the landscape mode on my Hero. But now I do not think it's possible at all. Also if I drag and drop from my itunes folder in my pc to the sd card, the album art will show. But if I rip my songs in WMP, and drag into the Hero, there's no album art at all. All very confusing. :eek:

Upvote 0
The Android/HTC music app does NOT work in landscape mode i.e. turning your phone on its side. However, when playing a song, you can switch between the cover flow like mode and song list mode.

As for album art, it is always a tricky thing. If you use itunes and it works for you, then it is best to stick to using it. But below is my post from another thread regarding album arts:

Ok, the thing about album arts is that different players display album arts differently. That is WMP, iTunes, Android stock player and music players you download from Market displays the image from different folders. The best way to standardize this is to embed the album art into the mp3 file itself. It might take a lot of work but is worth it. Here is the link on how to do that: Alpha Geek: Whip your MP3 library into shape, Part II - Album art - Alpha Geek - Lifehacker

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones