browsing internet and apps while on a callGeneral

Last Updated:

1. ericDylan

ericDylan Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

i am not sure if this has already been addressed but i know one of the main advertisements AT&T has done is the iphones ability to surf the web while on a call and verizon's inability to do so, well i was playing around on the call settings and what not while on a call and i pressed home expecting it to take me back to the call screen and instead it took me to my home screen and i thought, why not, so i tried to open the browser and it worked. i was kinda surprised. so i tried to open some apps as well and it also worked. i am just wondering why AT&T is boasting about this when we have the ability to and sprint likely has this ability also bc of the similarities between the hero and the eris.

am i missing something?

update: i was on android central and found a thread on this. apparently it only worked bc i was connected to wifi. and verizon does not allow data usage while on a call. but apps still work.

Advertisement
  2. thetomlin2

thetomlin2 Guest

You cant surf the net and be on a call at the same time. You can open anything you want, you just can use the 3G. So if you were alreay on the webpage you wanted and placed the call, you would be able to still view that page (and that page only). Any app that doesnt use 3G will perform normally as well ... but if you are in something like Yelp, you wouldnt be able to search.