Browsix [Tools]

1. spolfliet

spolfliet Member

Forget about Bluetooth, USB cables...

Browsix lets you browse your phone by just pointing your computer's browser to www.browsix.com

We are interested in getting feedback. Please visit Browsix and try the online demo or download Browsix from the market.

Let us know what you think!

Thanks,
    Stijn

[​IMG]

Advertisement
    :
  2. spolfliet

spolfliet Member

Hi everyone,

I have heard that some of you think this was an autogenerated spam message. Well, I'm here to convince you that this is not the case :)

I'll give you some more details about Browsix. I thought it would be great if you could point your browser to a web page and then be redirected to your phone, without the need to configure anything at all. That's why I developed this tool, and it took quite some time actually. What we actually do is show a link on the browsix.com home page when the Browsix application is installed, you will notice that this is a local IP address (you have to be connected via Wifi). So if you click the link, you will be redirected to your phone, which will serve all the requests. The tool you install on your android phone is actually a lightweight webserver. I would also like to note that we do not store any of your files, music, video, etc. We only store your local IP address.

I hope this post convinces more people to try out my app. Please let me know what you think of it or what features you would like to see in the future. I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,
    Stijn
  3. reinbeau

reinbeau Klaatu barada nikto VIP Member

Sounds interesting, I'll give it a try.
  4. spolfliet

spolfliet Member

Reinbeau, did you like Browsix?

In the meantime I have added some new features:
    - intelligent prefetching to speed things up
    - unlimited upload size (for paid version)
    - rename/delete directories and files

And there is still more to come... What other features would you like?

Thanks,
    Stijn
  5. Se7en2

Se7en2 Member

Is there a download cap for the lite version? I was downloading some music files from my phone to my laptop (EVO 4G to Mac laptop), and it stopped working when I was almost complete. I admit, I downloaded quite a few files, but once it hung up, I was unable to access my phone again. Any feedback is greatly appreciate it.

Thanks.
  6. spolfliet

spolfliet Member

There is no download cap. I am not sure what went wrong. Were you able to re-enable Browsix? Were you downloading a directory? If you were, it might be the case that your phone ran out of disk space when the directory was being zipped (if it was a large folder).
  7. Se7en2

Se7en2 Member

No, I wasn't downloading a directory, just individual mp3s. It seems to be working now. I did, however, get a low phone memory message on my phone during this process. I've since removed a bunch of apps that I no longer use to free up some space, and now I'm able to download files again. So, using this program, it requires space on the phone memory? Is that space used temporarily, and released after the downloads are complete?

Thanks for the speedy response.
  8. spolfliet

spolfliet Member

Downloading a folder requires phone memory, since we have to zip the folder before sending it. But, to download regular files you should not need any extra phone memory. Thanks for reporting this, I will do some more testing.
  9. spolfliet

spolfliet Member

Hi Everyone,

I am proud to announce v2.0 of Browsix with some exciting features
    - New SMS layout: threaded conversations
    - Support for multipart SMS messages
    - Important Widget bugfix
    - Lots of other improvements!

Keep e-mailing me or posting your feedback!
    Thanks,
    Stijn
  10. Tumeg

Tumeg Well-Known Member

I sent you an e-mail with some questions\suggestions, but I just wanted to reiterate my main suggestion:

Tasker support\integration! Tasker for Android