• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help BSOD Connecting HTC Incredible w/Froyo to Windows 7

KevinTernes

Lurker
Oct 27, 2009
TN
I never had this problem before Froyo.

I plug the Incredible into the USB port and get a popup (see attached).
If I dismiss the popup with the upper right corner X, then I have no problems and can charge the Incredible.

But if I select the VZ drivers, Windows 7 32-bit gives me a BSOD. The BSOD message only appears briefly but says something like DRIVER_IRQP_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

The "Safely Remove Hardware" in the system tray does not mention the Droid Inc.

I should clarify that I get this behaviour whether I click on the Install Drivers or Open Folders. Also, the behaviour is the same whether my Incredible is set to Charge Only or Disk drive.

Attachments

• IncPluggedIn-Capture.jpg
    IncPluggedIn-Capture.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 126
Sounds like a problem with the new Verizon Media Manager software (or whatever it is). The following fix has been posted in a few threads:

Dial ##7764726
Hit Call
Type Password 000000 (that's 6 zeros)
Hit Feature Settings
Choose CD ROM
Click Disable
Hit menu, commit modifications (it will say no item changed)

I haven't seen your problem mentioned specifically, but I bet this will work.

Reactions: KevinTernes
Upvote 0
Glad it worked! I used it to stop three drive letters from appearing instead of the normal two when I connected my DInc to my XP desktop after the update. I haven't had the problem that the fix was originally posted for, where it tries to install Verizon crapware on the desktop - the new bloatware seems to behave differently on different systems.

Upvote 0
I had the same issue as Kevin on both 7 Pro and Ultimate 64-bit on my laptop and desktop, quite frustrating! Whenever I connected the USB cable, BSOD. Ran WhoCrashed and BlueScreenView to find the culprit, it said NTOSKRNL.EXE, so I ran SFC /scannow and installed the hotfix from KB979444. This seems to have resolved the BSOD for now, however, my Android internal memory and SD memory will not mount themselves as +R or +RW drives, but they do show up in disk mgmt asking me to format them :/ Atleast no more BSOD -for now. Of course VCAST Media Manager doesn't officially support 7 and will not even install on 64-bit OS. Get with the times VZW/HTC, 64-bit is here to stay and will be the new 32-bit soon enough. For now I'm forced to slum it with 32-bit xp virtual machine and a mapped drive to my music folder. Hurry up Google Music service and 64-bit support.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones