BSOD Connecting HTC Incredible w/Froyo to Windows 7Support

Last Updated:

1. KevinTernes

KevinTernes Member This Topic's Starter

I never had this problem before Froyo.

I plug the Incredible into the USB port and get a popup (see attached).
    If I dismiss the popup with the upper right corner X, then I have no problems and can charge the Incredible.

But if I select the VZ drivers, Windows 7 32-bit gives me a BSOD. The BSOD message only appears briefly but says something like DRIVER_IRQP_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

The "Safely Remove Hardware" in the system tray does not mention the Droid Inc.

I should clarify that I get this behaviour whether I click on the Install Drivers or Open Folders. Also, the behaviour is the same whether my Incredible is set to Charge Only or Disk drive.

Attached Files:

Advertisement
  2. NilsE

NilsE Well-Known Member

It looks like you have VZ Access manager or whatever it is called installed. Look in Programs and Features and remove it and see if that helps. actually look for anything that is VZ and remove it.

KevinTernes likes this.
  3. KevinTernes

Under Applications, I see "My Verizon Mobile". Is this it?
    If so, it does not want to allow itself to be deleted. The Uninstall button is grayed out.

4. NilsE

NilsE Well-Known Member

Sorry, no that is a built in app and can't be removed without root.

I meant on the PC's installed programs

KevinTernes likes this.
  5. KevinTernes

Ah! But no, there is nothing like that installed on the PC.

6. wayrad

wayrad Well-Known Member

Sounds like a problem with the new Verizon Media Manager software (or whatever it is). The following fix has been posted in a few threads:

I haven't seen your problem mentioned specifically, but I bet this will work.

KevinTernes likes this.
  7. KevinTernes

@wayrad That did it. Thank you.

8. wayrad

wayrad Well-Known Member

Glad it worked! I used it to stop three drive letters from appearing instead of the normal two when I connected my DInc to my XP desktop after the update. I haven't had the problem that the fix was originally posted for, where it tries to install Verizon crapware on the desktop - the new bloatware seems to behave differently on different systems.

9. taowelie

taowelie New Member

I had the same issue as Kevin on both 7 Pro and Ultimate 64-bit on my laptop and desktop, quite frustrating! Whenever I connected the USB cable, BSOD. Ran WhoCrashed and BlueScreenView to find the culprit, it said NTOSKRNL.EXE, so I ran SFC /scannow and installed the hotfix from KB979444. This seems to have resolved the BSOD for now, however, my Android internal memory and SD memory will not mount themselves as +R or +RW drives, but they do show up in disk mgmt asking me to format them :/ Atleast no more BSOD -for now. Of course VCAST Media Manager doesn't officially support 7 and will not even install on 64-bit OS. Get with the times VZW/HTC, 64-bit is here to stay and will be the new 32-bit soon enough. For now I'm forced to slum it with 32-bit xp virtual machine and a mapped drive to my music folder. Hurry up Google Music service and 64-bit support.