Bstarduk

Last Updated:

1. bstarduk

bstarduk New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all
    Totally new to Android phones and am blown away by the myriad of stuff this HTC Hero can do,
    I only have 1 gripe I have some photos that I wish to turn into wallpaper and I am using Menu-Wallaper-Select Albums fron the SD card-then select photo which puts a box onto the photo for sizing purposes but whilst I can size it widthways it will not let me select full screen therefore I only get part of the picture as the wallpaper.
    This is driving me absolutely mad.
    Can anyone please help me

Cheers and thanks:confused:

Advertisement
  2. BlueScreenOfLife

BlueScreenOfLife Active Member

I can offer up two alternatives, for you.

1. Being the most obvious, you can load your pictures to your computer then, in some imaging software, resize the picture to the Hero's resolution -- which is 640x480. I'd also suggest saving it as a .png file, as well. Then, load your resized image back to your SD card and now when you go to select it, your device should display the image in its entirety.

2. Go to the Market and search for an app. called, Wallpaper Set And Save. This app. allows you to select any image on your device, regardless of dimensions, and sets it as your wallpaper.

Hope this gets you on your way. Let us know if you need anything else.

3. treborcj

treborcj Well-Known Member

Yes it is kind of annoying. If you take pictures sideways then that will happen. Take a picture without turning the camera and those are the ones that will go full screen. Idk why it is like that. Wonder if someone knows of a workaround.

4. bstarduk

bstarduk New Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the advice.
    The App Wallpaper Save And Set has resolved theproblem.
    Excellent App and excellent advice.
    Thank you so much
    Problem solved