BT Stereo headset recommendations?

Last Updated:

1. Clementine_3

Clementine_3 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm probably going to be picking up some BT headphones, mostly for at work. I don't really care if it does voice too, and I don't want to spend a ton of money. I saw these at Verizon, anyone use them? Enter your location (Motorokr S305)
    Any other recommendations? I want good sound quality and over the ear (not buds).
    Also, and this may be a really stupid question, but is there a way to tell if songs I bought from iTunes are protected before I move them over to my Droid, or is just a 'try to play it' thing? I'm getting tired of toting my iPod around and it never being charged. lol. Besides, the Droid sounds better!

Advertisement
  2. stevenlong

stevenlong Well-Known Member

I currently use two different ones both from motorola:
    S9-HD great for when you are doing some physical activity
    S7-HD great for in the office, like the sound quality and fit is good

Clementine_3 likes this.
  3. esmith818

esmith818 Well-Known Member

I like the S305s, but you can save about $15 if you order them from newegg.com vs. Verizon.

Clementine_3 likes this.
  4. Negativism

Negativism Active Member

Sony dr-bt101:::got mine from compuplus for 30....also got the ones from verizon that goes around back of neck..they are ok...deff do not get the earbud ones from verizon..didn't work from day1

Clementine_3 likes this.
  5. GrandMasterB

GrandMasterB Go Go Gadget Flow! VIP Member

I cannot do "behind the neck" ones, they drive me nuts. I have a pair of Plantronics 590 and they are they best I have ever owned. Sound is awesome and the battery last for 3 days. Alas they have been discontinued....

I also have a pair of white Sony BT101. Functionally they are very good, better than the Plantronics in ease of use ,but the battery only lasts half as long and the sound is 98% void of bass. Uncommon of any Sony product I have ever owned. Still a good headset and super cheap too.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that the reason I cannot do behind the neck ones is because I purchased a Motorola set exactly like pictured in the OP, and while the sound quality, calls and everything where great I just couldnt handle the way they pull your ears down and the brace rubbing on the back of your neck is very unsettling.

Clementine_3 likes this.
  6. nazz

nazz Well-Known Member

7. Clementine_3

I'm reading the reviews there now :)

8. iclickjohn

iclickjohn Well-Known Member

I have the rokr s9s don't. You can't rest your head back with them on. OK for activity and they sound great, but not for shelaxing with any kind of head rest.

9. GrandMasterB

Also correct me if I am wrong but the S9's battery only last for 6 hours before depleted. Not even close to making it through an average work day.

10. Clementine_3

Thanks everyone!
    I debated between the S7-HD and the S305's for a while and ordered the Moto S305's. If I hate them I'll try the S7's :)
    Now I'm going to be on the lookout for something to replace my BlueAnt ST3 car speaker, but that's down the road a bit still...
    And I just drag/dropped songs from iTunes over, about 1/2 of the ones I bought aren't going to be playable. THANKS CRAPPLE!! :mad: My next next purchase is going to be a new laptop so I'll figure a way around that. The one I'm using now no longer burns CD's.
    Oh well, at least I have a goodly amount of songs (mine and bought that will work) to get me through the day now without needing to carry my iPod.

11. GrandMasterB

I rarely even listen to my own music anymore with apps like Slacker and Pandora out there.

12. fallencreations

fallencreations Member

The other option would be to get a mini-bluetooth bridge. I purchased the ARWH1 from TigerDirect. I use it with my droid all the time. Allows me to use whichever headphones I want with it and still displays who is calling.

13. -Myk-

-Myk- Banned

14. JediJesus

JediJesus Well-Known Member

15. GrandMasterB

16. Clementine_3

See, I knew this would happen...now that I'm getting the headphones I transferred more music to my phone. I can't get the drm off a lot of it because I can't burn a disk so I can't get ALL my music on my Droid. I am now about to probably pull the trigger on a new laptop: Newegg.com - lenovo G550(2958FDU) NoteBook Intel Pentium T4400(2.20GHz) 15.6" Wide XGA 4GB Memory DDR3 1066 250GB HDD 5400rpm Dual layer DVD Burner Intel GMA 4500M

All this because I can't remember to charge my iPod. LOL :rolleyes: