BT Transfer to Non BT ComputerSupport

Last Updated: 2012-09-05 14:18:25
  1. monicakm

monicakm Well-Known Member

My Dell desktop is not BT enabled. Is there a device I could add to it to make it BT enabled so that I can easily transfer pictures/videos from my Razr to the desktop?
    Thanks,
    Monica

Advertisement
  2. Grey1001

Grey1001 Well-Known Member

3. monicakm

Can't standthat Motocast software! What a memory hog :eek: Cumbersome. Not very customizable. However, I didn't know about the 1MB size limit. Thanks for the heads up!
  4. monicakm

Thanks!
  5. monicakm

When you say I can't transfer more than 1 megabyte on any Bluetooth are, you talking about a Bluetooth adapter? I just transferred a 66 megabytes video from my phone to my laptop. I transfer music and videos from phone to laptop all the time so that's why I'm wondering if you meant a Bluetooth adapter.

6. rnlcomp

rnlcomp Well-Known Member

The 1M limit I spoke of may have been the old phone I used to have, havent used BT for file transfer since that time so it obviously does not apply any longer. I use BT only for wireless headphones these days.
  7. zoxxo

zoxxo Well-Known Member

If you get a BT donngle like the Kensington, consider getting a rounded one (the end that sticks out of the USB port). The square ones tend to grab on to clothes, fingers, and laptop bags/cases much easier. Of course if your plugging it into the back of desktop computer, never mind...
  8. monicakm

Yes, the ones I'm looking at are all the small thumbnail size. It will be going in the front of my Dell XPS 8300. There is a door that covers the two usb ports and some other port that I don't recall what is. Can I close the door or does it have to remain open?
    Monica
  9. Grey1001

Grey1001 Well-Known Member

Usually bluetooth is okay within 25-30 foot range, as long as the door is plastic you're probably good.
  10. narayanan9190

narayanan9190 Well-Known Member

the file size limit used to be there in older phones where the files would be sent to the message boxes of the internal memory and then you had to move it to the card...thus if your phone memory is almost full, the phone wont accept files having memory more than the available limit...
  11. quickaudi

quickaudi Well-Known Member Contributor

if you're going to be moving a bunch of files, I'd recommend doing so wirelessly (via AirDroid or a similar app)

moving larger files via BT can take a long time