BT with Zefie's

Last Updated:

1. pastafarian

pastafarian Pâtes avec votre foie Moderator This Topic's Starter

I use a Samsung WEP870 headset with my Moment. It connected automatically with cj05 and (Odin installed) cl14 and worked flawlessly. When I went to Zefie's 10.3 I found I had to manually connect the headset every time. I tried 12.1, but that didn't fix or noticably change anything. I didn't notice any huge battery or speed differences between cl14 and Zephie's. Having to open the bt app every time I use my headset only adds to my frustration with this phone. Is there anything I'm missing here, or should I just go back to cl14 and wait out 2.1?

Advertisement
  2. numus

numus Banned

Switch to joeys or test out sam1el's and see if you have the problem

pastafarian likes this.
  3. Radical-J

Radical-J Well-Known Member

How did it work new with the stock Kernel? That is where I would start. All BTs are so different and finicky... Than after you've verified that it is not your BT than I would flash whatever you wanted...FWIW

pastafarian likes this.
  4. pastafarian

It worked fine with stock cj05 and the odin installed cl14, when I went to zefie's 10.3 it stopped auto connecting.

I tried Joeys with no success. I then tried to flash back to the basic cl14 I had before and found I can't. Odin works fine, there's no errors, the phone reboots and...I'm still on joeys! I've flashed twice to make sure I wasn't hallucinating, but I can't seem to replace joeys. How can I go back to the original Odin installed cl14?

5. AnthroMatt

AnthroMatt Well-Known Member

Did you try to go from Joey's to CJ05 then back to CL14?

pastafarian likes this.
  6. pastafarian

Hmmmm... any idea how to find the cj05 kernel for d/l? All I find are dead links and a cj05 complete rom that will wipe the phone. Is a complete wipe necessary to get out of joeys? I found this guide which seems to specifically state that using SPH-M900_CL14_WORKING_SYSTEM_ONLY.tar will get me back to stock cl14, but this isn't the case.

7. AnthroMatt

Oh, I don't know. I have never had success flashing anything but the full CJ05 over any custom kernel.

pastafarian likes this.
  8. Radical-J

Radical-J Well-Known Member

Get Astro File manager or you fave and backup all files than flash to CJ05 and than wherever you want after that You might have to do the patchoob versions if you got the wrong CL14... But first step is flashing back to stock...

9. pastafarian

Thanks for everyone's help! I ended up going with the stock cl14 update which fixed my bt issue. I found myself going back to the endless "perfect" rom quest that consumed so much of my time with WM phones. I didn't keep count, but I've flashed my WM phones hundreds of times over the past 5-6 years. It was fun, but it grew old and I don't want to start again. To those on the quest, have fun and good luck.

10. AnthroMatt

I know what you mean. I was doing the same thing with my Tour. Trying out new hybrids almost every day. It got tiring and in the end I just stuck with stock. I already vowed not to get as crazy this time around. I loaded joeys kernel just to delete some stock apps but I plan on sticking with this for a while unless there is a VERY compelling reason to "upgrade" to something else.