Buffered "back" keySupport

Last Updated:

1. doublebars

doublebars New Member This Topic's Starter

I'm an Android newbie, with a Samsung Galaxy S running 2.1 - and in general it's absolutely brilliant.

The amazing sensitivity of the touchscreen, coupled with occasional unflagged pauses whilst waiting for the program to catch up, combine to produce one very irritating feature, however. This is the way that it is possible to double-tap the back button, or buffer a second tap after a first seems to do nothing, and then find both taps actioned at once. This behaviour is pretty annoying whenever it happens, but I find especially irksome in Android Market, when having scrolled through several dozen pages and found a really interesting app I then suddenly find myself dumped back at the main page, with no choice but to go through the whole tedious process again - or give up!

Is there some way one can amend the way the back button works - either getting multiple buffered taps crushed into a single tap, or perhaps requiring a long touch rather than a tap to make the key act? Possibly some kind of app one can load that will fix this?

Advertisement
  2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Welcome to Android Forums, doublebars.

Your Samsung Galaxy S question is moved to that device's forums for you.

Good luck! :)