Buffing out scratches?Support

Last Updated:

1. kemichels

kemichels Member This Topic's Starter

May 11, 2010

Unfortunately 2 weeks after I got my HTC Incredible, I dropped it. Just went flying out of my hands as I took it out of my pocket. I have the Verizon silicone case on it (and I had a Steinhill sitting at home to put on the damn thing) but it still took 2 scratches to the front of the phone.

They aren't big or even that noticeable, but I'm pretty OCD about a new $500 phone.

Does anyone know if you can *buff* out scratches if they aren't that deep? I have some Janvil Scratch Remover (Heavy, Light) and it's worked okay with my old Ipods, etc. Would this be harmful to the touch screen itself, or is it okay to use? Thanks in advance...I haven't seen much about people trying to buff out scratches.

(Getting Squaretrade's insurance on Monday as well. I nearly had a heart attack the first time I dropped it)

2. bowerman

bowerman Guest

Sorry to hear that! Unfortunately, you will probably not be able to buff out the scratches by hand. And if you used some sort of machine, it would distort the surface. What i would do is put the screen protector on, and forget about it. If the scratches are really light, the screen protector will probably hide 90% of them. And welcome to the forums! Stick around and join some of the discussions!