Bug in Flash? Crashing at 1Ghz

Last Updated:

1. bemenaker

bemenaker Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Running BB.4 with flash beta 3 installed. Yesterday, running on the default 800Mhz kernel that comes in BB, flash ran ok. Today, I put Chevy 1Ghz ULV kernel on my droid, and flash keeps crashing. I went into SetCPU and throttled back to 800Mhz, and flash works again.

I know Flash is still beta, so not sure what is going on. Anyone else see this?

Advertisement
  2. Redflea

Redflea Well-Known Member

Run flash on jdlfg's 1050 MHz kernel w/no problems, on CyanogenMod 6.0 RC1 ROM...so there isn't a specific limit on flash working at higher clock rates.

More likely something about your phone, or your phone w/that ROM/kernel combination. Kernels that run fine on some folks phones won't run on others, or won't run at certain speeds...each phone is a little different from others.

3. ttaylor0024

ttaylor0024 Well-Known Member

Up in voltage or down in clock speed to fix crashes...

Ex. My phone cant handle ULV kernels, so I use LV

4. randallman

randallman Active Member

I actually run chevy1's 1ghz LV kernel w/ FRF84B... SetCPU stress test, yada yada, 1250ish Quadrant. I tried BB0.4 and after I got it all configulated, I threw the same 1ghz LV kernel on and it crashes intermittently... So something about the kernel and BB0.4 and my device do not jive :) SetCPU stress test crashed :( Quadrant ran through and got about 1450 which was nifty, but it didn't last :(

So I guess I should try the other gambit of kernels to see if I can get BB0.4 working on my device with a 1.0ghz lv kernel.

Alternatively, I need to decide if 800mhz w/ bb0.4 is better than 1.0ghz with FRF84B

--Randall

5. bemenaker

bemenaker Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I just tried Chevy's LV1Ghz kernel, and I can run flash without crashing, so I guess it was just that kernel.

I've only been rooted for two days, so still learning ins and outs. Been lurking for a while, but knew to actual practice on my droid. :)