• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Bug in Flash? Crashing at 1Ghz

bemenaker

Dec 10, 2009
Running BB.4 with flash beta 3 installed. Yesterday, running on the default 800Mhz kernel that comes in BB, flash ran ok. Today, I put Chevy 1Ghz ULV kernel on my droid, and flash keeps crashing. I went into SetCPU and throttled back to 800Mhz, and flash works again.

I know Flash is still beta, so not sure what is going on. Anyone else see this?

Run flash on jdlfg's 1050 MHz kernel w/no problems, on CyanogenMod 6.0 RC1 ROM...so there isn't a specific limit on flash working at higher clock rates.

More likely something about your phone, or your phone w/that ROM/kernel combination. Kernels that run fine on some folks phones won't run on others, or won't run at certain speeds...each phone is a little different from others.

Upvote 0
Running BB.4 with flash beta 3 installed. Yesterday, running on the default 800Mhz kernel that comes in BB, flash ran ok. Today, I put Chevy 1Ghz ULV kernel on my droid, and flash keeps crashing. I went into SetCPU and throttled back to 800Mhz, and flash works again.

I know Flash is still beta, so not sure what is going on. Anyone else see this?

I actually run chevy1's 1ghz LV kernel w/ FRF84B... SetCPU stress test, yada yada, 1250ish Quadrant. I tried BB0.4 and after I got it all configulated, I threw the same 1ghz LV kernel on and it crashes intermittently... So something about the kernel and BB0.4 and my device do not jive :) SetCPU stress test crashed :( Quadrant ran through and got about 1450 which was nifty, but it didn't last :(

So I guess I should try the other gambit of kernels to see if I can get BB0.4 working on my device with a 1.0ghz lv kernel.

Alternatively, I need to decide if 800mhz w/ bb0.4 is better than 1.0ghz with FRF84B

--Randall

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones